Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

curious about SLRP and open slots in Idaho, Texas, Nevada?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious about SLRP and open slots in Idaho, Texas, Nevada?

Hey all, currently working on a bachelor's degree in Enviromental Science/Criminal Justice, I plan to graduate in December 2013. I will have a significant amount of student loans and was wondering if the SLRP option exists in Idaho and Texas or Nevada? I have family in all three states, however I wouldn't mind traveling if given the opportunity..also I know that its hard to predict which jobs will be availabe in a year and a half, but does anybody have a general idea on which jobs usually have openings? , and I'm sure these questions have been answered on the forum but still learning how to navigate it, I have six years prior service on Active Duty Army, will I have to retake Basic? I got out as an E-4, will I keep that?

Also does anyone have information for the recruiter closest to me? I live in Wichita Falls, TX

Re: curious about SLRP and open slots in Idaho, Texas, Nevada?

Originally posted by hugsss View Post
    Hey all, currently working on a bachelor's degree in Enviromental Science/Criminal Justice, I plan to graduate in December 2013. I will have a significant amount of student loans and was wondering if the SLRP option exists in Idaho and Texas or Nevada? I have family in all three states, however I wouldn't mind traveling if given the opportunity..also I know that its hard to predict which jobs will be availabe in a year and a half, but does anybody have a general idea on which jobs usually have openings? , and I'm sure these questions have been answered on the forum but still learning how to navigate it, I have six years prior service on Active Duty Army, will I have to retake Basic? I got out as an E-4, will I keep that?

Also does anyone have information for the recruiter closest to me? I live in Wichita Falls, TX

Yes currently Nevada ARNG is offering SLRP for 09S options not sure for enlisted.

Comment

Thanks Mike for the reply, however I don't think I would be ready to be an officer..I've been out close to 10 years...

Comment

That doesn't stop anyone else...most of the 09S have NO prior experience at all and they think they are ready to be officers.

Comment

hey to the last post, I don't know why but your posted made me laugh and laugh...oh wow, I would prefer to have a little bit of experience under my belt before taking on the officer ranks, this could be just my opinion, but I think an officer who has been there, done that, ran into their own problems on the enlisted side, and figured out how or who to go to fix them , would make a much better officer, vs someone who is just thrown into it without no prior experience, not trying to offend anybody just my opinion..thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming...

Comment

Working...
          X