X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserves or National Guard?

I am looking to recommit myself to this country after serving active duty for 11 years. In my MOS, 42A, there are open positions in both. My question is which is better? I was told i had to committ to being USAR before applying/submitting an AGR packet.

-Andres Deharo

Re: Reserves or National Guard?

Originally posted by Andres.Deharo View Post
    I am looking to recommit myself to this country after serving active duty for 11 years. In my MOS, 42A, there are open positions in both. My question is which is better? I was told i had to committ to being USAR before applying/submitting an AGR packet.

-Andres Deharo
    There isn't something that makes either "better"...depends on what you are looking for. If you want AGR the benefit in the Guard is each vacancy is advertised by state and location, where the Reserve is not, on top of you being correct....you usually have to be in the reserves to get selected for AGR.

Comment

While you probably have a better chance with the Reserve, your promotions will be slow. Also as an AGR, you'd being doing about the same amount of work but with a fraction of support.

Comment

thanks for the prompt feedback, ParalegalNCO1 & RedLeg. Its a tough choice between the 2 components. I would hate to have served honorably for 11 1/2 years to not finish off the career (20 years) especially in my MOS/Career field. I think I'm going with ARNG and then submit AGR packet.

Comment

Working...
        X