Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-2B and JKN Question

Hi,
    I was discharged from the Air Force about 6 years ago with a re-entry code of 2B (general discharge) and a separation code of JKN (Misconduct, minor disciplinary infractions). I've read just about every thread on this specific re-entry code on here and it seems that many people have success with getting into the national guard with that re-entry code (there was even one about 3-4 months ago). Is this still possible? I realize that the National Guard is becoming overmanned and this would make it more difficult. I've had a clean history since my discharge and 3 years of college, plus I'm willing to take whatever undermanned jobs are available. Location is not really an issue for me I will relocate wherever I can get the waiver for.

If this isn't at all possible.... Do these types of restrictions change at the end of every fiscal year? I'm willing to wait it out if need be.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Re: RE-2B and JKN Question

Well a Montana National guard recruiter has agreed to put in a waiver for me once they get my military records which I released to them today. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Comment

its possible i am a living testament of it i just got back from basic training and i got the same separation from the air force in 08 im in ohio though you can hit me up for more information and if you would like contact with my recruiter he is good at what he does.

Comment

I'm a Recruiter from RI. We have a few really good QUALITY positions for YOU if you are willing to call or text me.

RE-2B = NO PROBLEM
        JKN = NO PROBLEM

Call today. RI is an awesome place to live for a few years.

Comment

Is RE-3P and JFV1 good to go in RI?

Comment

You will require a waiver to get back into the military. Your RE3 requires a waiver as does your SPD code which may require a medical waiver as well. But...if I'm reading your screenname correctly, because you are a GIANTS fan and NOT a PATRIOTS fan....you sir are a NO-GO at this station and must go to the back of the line.
            Originally posted by giantsfan88 View Post
            Is RE-3P and JFV1 good to go in RI?
            Last edited by SSG_CONLEY; December 10th, 2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post
              I'm a Recruiter from RI. We have a few really good QUALITY positions for YOU if you are willing to call or text me.

RE-2B = NO PROBLEM
              JKN = NO PROBLEM

Is this guy for real?? So you are telling me there are other positions in the RI Guard that are inferior to the position you think you can get this guy into? Cut me a break. God I hate sales.

Comment

Haha well I guess I shouldve put sf in front of the giants cause I live in California and I am a San Fran Giants fan not a NY Giants fan lol

Comment

Originally posted by SGT_CONLEY View Post

RE-2B = NO PROBLEM
                  JKN = NO PROBLEM

What id like to know, if after receiving the wavier and currently serving in the National guard, can a soldier then be able to go into Regular Army?
                  Im getting conflicting stories and would really like an honest answer

Comment

This is an old post icintegrity. Misconduct issues are on hold now. Mongoose published that recently. And if NG is strict; most likely AD will be just as strict in that regard.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ght=misconduct

Click the above link.

This line is the killer

(3) No prior separation/discharge waivers for misconduct or any other type of involuntary discharge that involved misconduct.

Just call an active-duty Army recruiter to confirm.
                    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; September 23rd, 2012, 03:33 AM.

Comment

I think these restrictions change at the end of every fiscal year. You have a very clean record and your list of services is very good. You wouldn’t have to take any job that comes in your way, I am sure you will get posted in a good one. All the best.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      best free anti spyware for Vista/XP and Windows 7/8

Comment

Working...
                      X