X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prior marine needs opinion about guard

if you are a marine let me know what you think of the guard. I have to do a couple of things before I sign my name on the guard paperwork but would like an honest marine opinion of the guard. go ahead and PM me if you need to ,dont want the mods to get upset.

shane

Re: prior marine needs opinion about guard

We won't get butt hurt over the truth.

Comment

Honestly, i feel that any service to the country is honorable. I am in the process of trying to go into the National Guard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilD85 View Post
        Honestly, i feel that any service to the country is honorable. I am in the process of trying to go into the National Guard as well.
        +1. Exactly my sentiments. If you think you can be an asset to the Guard; then bring your A game and continue serving. It is just that simple. Also; nothing is forever.

Comment

I work next to a Marine detachment and they constantly give me a hard time for being AGR in the Guard.

I always win the argument but agreeing with them...It's not like they are lying. But the thing is, my soldiers are lawyers, capitol hill employees, State Department employees, etc.

The Guard does not train every day. That's the point of it. No seriously, that is the point of it. Weekend warriors. Train civilians enough so they can fight a war if needed, but continue to let them live their civilian lives.

Lose my passport? No problem.
          Need legal advice? No problem.
          Need lumber at Home Depot? No problem.
          Free subway sammiches? Awesome.

Comment

Any questions in particular? I did a bit less than nine years in the USMC and USMCR followed by a long break and now almost two in the Guard.

Comment

Just know from the start that the two services are two entirely different animals. One line that gets old quick is when a former Marine says "that's not how we did it in the Corps!" No one cares! Just get it in your mind that you have to drink the Kool Aid and you'll be fine.

I would also advise you try to go to WLC as soon as possible. This will snap you in on vocabulary, AR's, FM's, the general way the Army (Guard) does things.

Good luck!

Comment

cool thanks everyone

Comment

i love kool aid especially in this current economy, a guys gotta hedge his bet a liitle.

Comment

i am now an e4 in the az guard i was able to mess with the MEPS guys just a bit they were seriously killing me. Checking into my unit was abit different however

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                      X