X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 waivers

So are RE4 waivers still out of the question for now?

Re: RE4 waivers

very much so.

Comment

lol what if you have paper work from the Army saying my RE4 should be an RE3 under Army regs? I wasn't Army btw.

Comment

You can always get a board to review it, but that could take quite some time. Or, you could just bring that information to a recruiter, since some RE codes for different branches mean different things.

Comment

yea my RE code according to the Army is considered an RE3, and I have an email from the Army as well as an RE code chart that none of the local recruiters have.

Comment

Vet1985 so how does the RE4 be an RE3 to the Army? Need some info on that please

Comment

The Navy and other services have some stricter standards than the Army. And a discharge from the Navy may be equivelent to a Army RE3. But not all discharges, some are RE4's in both.

Comment

Originally posted by romeroar7 View Post
                Vet1985 so how does the RE4 be an RE3 to the Army? Need some info on that please
                The National Guard currently, is NOT accepting any RE-4 discharge codes (no waiver authorized). Except for a discharge under DADT (as of 20 Sep 2011).

Comment

i was discharged for finances back in 06, was able to get my General upgraded to fully honorable but they kept the RE4, the Army is telling me that even though my papers show RE4 I fall under the Army RE3 because my GKA code is the same as the Army's JKA which is an RE3. I was also sent this email, and this table below. All of my recruiters here locally do not have this table the I am sending to you all. So if you want you can use it. I was told most recruiters don't have this table. I am going to the office tomorrow as my recruiters here think I have a good shot of getting in, regardless of what my DD214 says. They wanted to know if i was let go from the Army for the same reasons as the Navy let me go what would I have received. Well it took me a long time to get this information because of the run around. Once I got it they changed stuff again, but they are taking conduct waivers again so I was told to come down.

Email I received about my situation, I took out my personal info lol but the rest is all actual information.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
                  Caveats: FOUO

Good Afternoon,

Attached is a copy of The SPD and RE codes table. It was requested by
                  ............. for entry into the Army. The equivalent code to his GKA SPD
                  would
                  be JKA with a RE code 3. If .............. was discharged from the Army as he was discharged in the Navy, he would have received the JKA RE3 I hope this helps. Have a great day.

v/r
                  Cerena Todman-Perez
                  Supervisor(Contractor)

Table::

Again some recruiters may have this but all my locals within a 30 mile radius do not have it. So if you need it there ya go, took me almost 2 years to get it lol.

Comment

All the separation codes can be found on the internet and the recruiter does have to look at the equivalent of your NAVY re-code. Just have your DD214 (I recommend getting a notarized, certified copy) and the letter you posted. Just remember there is no guarantee regardless for waiverable codes. Your recruiter will have to know as well if its a TAG or NGB level waiver.

Good luck.

Comment

Vet1985, You are referencing a chart that is 5 years old. Policies change and the current Army National Guard policy is below:

ARNG Accession Options Supplement - FY-11, Second Edition
                      12 August 2011

1-29 PS Applicants with RE Code 4
                      All Prior Service applicants who were issued a RE Code 4 discharge regardless of component are ineligible for enlistment into the Army National Guard. This disqualification is regardless of the Separation Program Designator (SPD) codes which were allowed in previous guidance. This regulatory guidance supersedes the waiver process in AR 601-210, Table 3-3.
                      Last edited by SF Hunter; October 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I understand that the table is 5 years old, however, the Army still confirmed that soldiers are still being discharged with the same spd RE code for the same reason I was. Any who, I was still told to come in with all above paper work and other paper work I have because I still might have a shot at it.

Comment

I was Navy, seperated in 2007...RE-4 ; JKA; can I still join???

Comment

Hello Gentlemen, I have been at this for three years and clearly I am always actively seeking information... I have a Re-4 code of JFX (personality disorder) entry level separation uncharacterized, ALSO my re-4 falls under a RE-3 in the army.... insanely long story short, I was homesick and went to mental help just to vent and get tips on dealing with homesickness, and they took it all the wrong way and discharged me... since discharge I passed TWO psych exams and became a police officer, and I have sound and sturdy character references and letters from my old PD stating I showed no displays of a personality disorder on any of my screenings or as an officer... sighhh, back in 08 I had my waiver in the process, but by Jan 09 all waivers ceased and since mine didnt make it to the NGB in time I was a no-go. This was in South Carolina but I live in Houston now... I know its the new fiscal year, and of course when people cant find a job they go in the military (smh) I spoke to a NGB recruiter here in TX and he said they are over manned and not allowing waivers at the moment, IS THERE ANY, and I mean ANY STATE, that is, I dont care where I have to travel I will DO IT!. Any info would help guys! PLEASE HELP...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSniper View Post
                              Hello Gentlemen, I have been at this for three years and clearly I am always actively seeking information... I have a Re-4 code of JFX (personality disorder) entry level separation uncharacterized, ALSO my re-4 falls under a RE-3 in the army.... insanely long story short, I was homesick and went to mental help just to vent and get tips on dealing with homesickness, and they took it all the wrong way and discharged me... since discharge I passed TWO psych exams and became a police officer, and I have sound and sturdy character references and letters from my old PD stating I showed no displays of a personality disorder on any of my screenings or as an officer... sighhh, back in 08 I had my waiver in the process, but by Jan 09 all waivers ceased and since mine didnt make it to the NGB in time I was a no-go. This was in South Carolina but I live in Houston now... I know its the new fiscal year, and of course when people cant find a job they go in the military (smh) I spoke to a NGB recruiter here in TX and he said they are over manned and not allowing waivers at the moment, IS THERE ANY, and I mean ANY STATE, that is, I dont care where I have to travel I will DO IT!. Any info would help guys! PLEASE HELP...
                              Was posted above.

ARNG Accession Options Supplement - FY-11, Second Edition
                              12 August 2011

1-29 PS Applicants with RE Code 4
                              All Prior Service applicants who were issued a RE Code 4 discharge regardless of component are ineligible for enlistment into the Army National Guard. This disqualification is regardless of the Separation Program Designator (SPD) codes which were allowed in previous guidance. This regulatory guidance supersedes the waiver process in AR 601-210, Table 3-3

Comment

Working...
                              X