X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ait ??

After talking to a recruiter on this site, I have found out that I do have to go through BCT again since I have been out for +10 years. If I decide to keep my old MOS (54B which is now 74D) would I have to go through AIT again also?

Re: Ait ??

Anybody? I understand I have to also take the ASVAB again, but if I chose the same MOS do I go through AIT again also?

Comment

If you have to go thru BCT again it would be fair to assume that AIT is on that list as well.

Comment

If you are being required to go through BCT again, but already have an awarded MOS from prior service - that MOS will transition from one number to the other on paper, you will not have to attend that same AIT again unless you have been directed that you will have to do so prior to contracting back into the ARNG.

Of course if you reclass at enlistment AIT is part of that particular process. What you need to do is go talk to a live Professional ARNG Recruiter in person. This will give you the staright talk on what the requirements are for a prior-service soldier to return to service with the ARNG, and I do not htink you will find BCT part of that equation. However if you are trying to go to active duty, then yes you will do BCT again as a minimum.

Comment

So it turns out that I DO have to go through BCT again, but NOT AIT. Also, chosing a new mos besides 18X is also more than likely not going to happen either. So I have to take the ASVAB and score good enough to keep my old MOS, but I wont have to go through any more training besides BCT.

Comment

Not sure why you would have to go through BCT again, I was out 19 years and did not have to go back to BCT. I did have to return to AIT the regs said that over three year break you do have to go to AIT again.

Comment

I do have to go back through basic, and I can choose a new MOS if I like. I have not decided whether or not I will switch from CBRN or not. I might go MP because I am a Sheriff. The ball is rolling, and hopefully I will ship out for basic shortly after the new year.

Comment

Working...
              X