X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State comparison for 15T's and WOFT. AZ, WY, UT, IN, MI, etc

I'm a prior service Marine and trying to join the Guard. I was a 6324 (Avionics Tech on Hueys and Cobras). I am currently flying for an Airline and trying to fly for the Guard.

To do this, I am trying to get into a 15T position. Colorado does not and will not have any vacancies anytime soon. So I am looking commuting to a state with a vacancy of an aircrew position (incase I do not get selected by a board for WOFT).

If anybody is an aviation in Arizona or anther state and has a feel for future needs of 15T's and WO pilots, I would love to hear it.

Also, does the Lakota have crew chiefs onboard? If so, are they active guardsman? Are there any other aircrew positions in the Guard besides 15T and 15U?

Thanks!
    Andy

Re: State comparison for 15T's and WOFT. AZ, WY, UT, IN, MI, etc

I was a CH-46E Crew Chief in the Marines, I believe Washington State my have some slots open since their is a good size unit here. There are both 15T and U slots for our state located on Fort Lewis. As for commuting back and forth I don't know if they will be onbaord with that option.

Comment

Re: State comparison for 15T's and WOFT. AZ, WY, UT, IN, MI, etc

Originally posted by blanding View Post
      I was a CH-46E Crew Chief in the Marines, I believe Washington State my have some slots open since their is a good size unit here. There are both 15T and U slots for our state located on Fort Lewis. As for commuting back and forth I don't know if they will be onbaord with that option.
      A little farther up the street the USAR also has a Chinook unit which you might look at as well.

Comment

Working...
      X