Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!!!!! Back in.

Greetings All

Well that was a wonderful 5 month wait, trying to find a slot. A little bummed because no Infantry or Cav slots available. Funny to me how you couldnt buy enough people just awhile ago and now I almost could transfer back, crazy.. So what was behind Door # 3. Artillery. Wanted 13F or 13R but was not being offered to E5's, so I got 13B. Pretty stoked about it always have enjoyed workking with Arty guys and now I will be one. a good positve about it is, Not to much humping anymore. Dont know much about the Unit but do know I will be attached to 11th ACR. Old Uncle Sam must want me in the desert. 29 Palms in the Corps, OIF with 3rd ID, now FT Irwin with 11th ACR. Any Arty Guys out here with some scoop I would be greatful for some info about 13B I did the you tube run and got some cool info but lots of New guy videos and stuff, How is it for PS guys with Infantry background.?? I look forward to some Replies. thanks.

Sgt. E

Re: Finally!!!!!! Back in.

Originally posted by Thundergrunt View Post
    Funny to me how you couldnt buy enough people just awhile ago and now I almost could transfer back, crazy
    Economy tanked. People sought military for work. Simple.

Congrats on getting back in.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I didnt think it was going to happen.

Comment

Hey, I was in Marine arty. Not on a gun but FDC. Cannon cocker
        Is pretty cool. Standby to hump rounds in and out of trucks etc. I think
        The school is like6-8 wks @ ft sill. Go in spring or fall if u get any say. Winters
        Are cold and the wind almost never stops.
        Check, zero mills......gun 1 is laid. Lol

Comment

The Reclass for Arty is actually only a 2 week course. Most likely it's offered somewhere closer then Sill. As an E5 just coming in you'll most likely be the Ammo Team Chief. So make sure you learn your rounds and fuzes!

Comment

RSP

Thanks for the scoop, I am Assigned to a Paladin Unit, does that mean i will be on FASSv till I MOSQ???

Comment

Working...
            X