Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old guy MD seeking advice for flight surgeon slot.

I am a 49 year old healthy guy with 20 years prior service, 13 towards retirement, MD who has been offered a slot as a Flight Surgeon for an aviation medical company. My prior service included one wartime deployment. I'm also civil affairs basic and advanced qualified, airborne with 4 years on jump status, air assault, Expert field medical badge, combat casualty care course, AMEDD active duty basic and reserve advanced course, etc. I left as an 0-4 promotable in '05 when I became a single parent of two boys who are now in high school. I've never been in the guard and think this is a fantastic opportunity. I've always wanted to go to the flight surgeon course and work in an aviation unit. I'm inviting any thoughts out there. Thank you.

Re: Old guy MD seeking advice for flight surgeon slot.

I would talk to your OSM for your state to see what your options are.

Comment

Tell me someone has you in the G Rap system??. If not I am BEGGING you to PM me right now, I will help you anyway I can.

Comment

Be careful, don't commit G-RAP fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
          Be careful, don't commit G-RAP fraud.
          He is worth alot of money.

Comment

What is G-RAP? My options are a Flight Surgeon slot. According to the state AMEDD recruiter, since I have over 18 years prior service I am not eligible for any financial incentives, plus my student loans are paid off anyway. So the only incentive they can give me is to guarantee a flight surgeon school slot and operational slot. What is OSM? I feel like I'm too old for this. When I went in as a 2nd LT in the early 80's we were still wearing the tropical weight khakis from the Viet Nam days lol.

Comment

Officer Strength Manager - OSM

Guard Recruiting Assistance Program - G-RAP or something else???

Depending how long you serve prepare for another uniform change from the ACUs. Its currently in the works
              Last edited by MichaelPC; June 7th, 2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X