Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-enlistment Process...

I recently joined the ARNG. I was Army prior service from 89-97
    Physical, paperwork, swearing in, etc... Has been done. All OK. If anyone knows how long it usually takes to get into the system?

My Understanding is that Prior service joining the guard reports directly to there assigned Unit No BCT/WTC. Has anyone been through this process?

One more question. After you visit your assigned unit what is the process? Uniforms, equipment, MOS training (I Was 13B entering the guard as a 21K) do I go away for training for this new MOS or am I trained at the assigned unit?

Lots of questions no answers. I contacted my Unit Point of contact NCO by email with no response as of yet. Recruiter cant answer my Questions either. It's been a few weeks now.

Re: Re-enlistment Process...

My Understanding is that Prior service joining the guard reports directly to there assigned Unit No BCT/WTC. Has anyone been through this process?
    According to the rules, you can only do that if your break in service is less than 10 years. If its over 10 years then you will have to attend BCT. You can find this under prior service army at nationalguard .com

Comment

From what I have read online & what my current recruiter told me, this is my understanding;

Policy Directive 2011-02- Army Times posted March 20, 2011

Prior-service personnel entering the Army National Guard or Army Reserve will go straight to their unit of assignment, regardless of the length of their break in service, if they have completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, or special operations training for the Air Force or Navy, or Air Force security police.

You can read the entire article from the Army times
      here>>http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/0...-again-032011/

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/ad2011_02.pdf
      Last edited by SteveHRP; June 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveHRP View Post
        From what I have read online & what my current recruiter, this is my understanding;

Policy Directive 2011-02- Army Times posted March 20, 2011

Prior-service personnel entering the Army National Guard or Army Reserve will go straight to their unit of assignment, regardless of the length of their break in service, if they have completed Army or Marine Corps basic training, or special operations training for the Air Force or Navy, or Air Force security police.

You can read the entire article from the Army times
        here>>http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/0...-again-032011/
        Understood. However, straight from the nationalguard site. Which I am positive was posted long after that ArmyTimes article. I've also had a local recruiter here email me mentioning the 10yr rule.

Rank and Basic Training

Prior Service Soldiers with a break of service greater than 10 years must attend Basic Combat Training.
        Applicants with a break in service of over 10 years must re-take the ASVAB and attain the qualifying score for the MOS in which they will be enlisted per DA PAM 611-21.
        Last edited by SteveLord; May 31st, 2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

You have to read the article in its entirety. Here is a PDF link to the entire directive from the US Army Website not Army Times. Read it fully. It was made a little over 3 months ago. I haven't found a newer one then this one.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/ad2011_02.pdf

Comment

This Tuesday my recruiter is taking me to get my Military ID, set up my email, & taking me to my Unit. I will know for sure if BCT is necessary or as this directive & my recruiter says NO BCT for National Guard/Reserve components that have completed Army/USMC BCT already. This is from my understanding of this Military directive only if you are Prior service going to Active Duty or are navy/Air force prior service then Yes BCT. The chart at the bottom is very easy to understand. I could be wrong tho. I will post the outcome as soon as I get back.

Comment

As I thought. NO BCT. I will be going to AIT in about 3 weeks. BCT is for people going Active Army that have been out for 3 years or more & for Navy/Air force that have not completed Army/USMC basic.

Comment

Working...
              X