X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CODE 3 JFW Disabled Vet going Guard!

Well, I'm trying to get in. My recruiter seems positive I'll get in. Need 2 waviers. One for Medical. One for Code3. Medical waiver is for Asthma, something mis-diagnosed when I was 6.

I got a waiver back in 02 When I joined the army. I complained of tight breathing while we were having PT in Ft. Leonard WOOD in deep winter, -8 degrees.. Anyone would complain of tight breathing.. But the trigger happy doc. signed for my release because I wanted an inhaler for when I was sent to Iraq. Guess he's never heard of Alergies..

Anyway, I've been fighting this diagnosis my whole life, no one can get any kind of breathing test to say I have a breathing problem, except for some joker when I was 6. So here I am, going threw all the hoops again.

So far..

3 Formal person letters from friends/workers that can attest to my character.
    1 Formal note saying why I want to join the guard.
    2 PFT Tests showing passing results done by my personal Doc.
    1 Personal reference note from my Doc saying how fit I am.
    The huge packet from the Guard That took about 6 hrs to complete.

I finished MP training in 03, but will now probably have to re-class, and thats all good. I guess my RE code 3 JFW says I get to be thrown back in as a new recruit! Meaning I get to take advantage of any job I wanted. 19D >>>

So thats my story, and it gets started hopefully soon. Packet going to Meps hopefully tuesday-wednesday. Wish me luck though.. Tried to active duty with all the same stuff already, didn't end well.

Arkhonen

Re: CODE 3 JFW Disabled Vet going Guard!

Ark,

Good luck to you. What year were you med-boarded? What year were you in Iraq?

Welcome to the forum.

FM

Comment

Re: CODE 3 JFW Disabled Vet going Guard!

Iraq in 03, 3rd infintry, Dirty Dogs, was med-boarded shortly after. If I wasn't med boarded I wouldn't have my wife and son now, but at the same time serving has been my ambition since I was 12 years old hiding pamplets under my bed. So I'm going to make this happen.

Comment

Working...
      X