X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible lost records

Hi, just re enlisted and when my recruiter looked me up by social it showed my service time ,enlisted dates, and rank E-5 correctly. I enlisted as an E5. The problem is when I hit the system I show as an E-1. My recruiter hasn't been able to find any record from my old unit etc. So it appears the Army used a 20 year old 214 that still shows E1. He said they can't use the computer information for the rank. It seems to me that some of my paperwork must exist if some how the correct service dates and rank is in the computer. Still waiting for several weeks on the records request we sent. Anybody have a similar situation or ideas? Thanks. Sorry about sloppy post. Had to send this on my Droid.

Re: Possible lost records

I was born in the 60s and kept every military document since I started serving in the 80s. Everyone has learned on this forum how important it is to keep the slightest of military documents.

Comment

Your recruiter can request your records from NARA, as can you (although he can get them faster): www.nara.gov

Comment

Thank you for the replies. We did send away for records about 5 weeks ago with no results yet. Not sure if it was from the NARA site. I'll check with my recruiter. My old reserve unit says they have no records to send. I went to the VA years ago and was approved for my loan. If I remember correctly they had to print out something showing I earned enough points for the loan. So if I didn't finish my enlistment I'm pretty sure I would not have been eligible for the loan. Hopefully this will get resolved soon. My new unit is letting me drill as an E-5 but there is going to be a pay issue now until this is resolved.

Comment

Working...
        X