X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to rejoin the Army, need advice

I have been trying to get back in the army since 2004. I was discharged with an Honorable Discharged, RE 3, JFX for Personality Disorder. After seeing a psychologist over the past 3 years and recieving Psychological Evals by an MMPI test, I have been deemed to have NO Psychological disorders. After the psychologist reviewed my discharge paperwork, he noticed I was never given a psychological evaluation. He states in his summary:
    A review was made of Mr. **** Army discharge records noting his diagnosis of Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood (improved) and Personality Disorder NOS with Narcissistic and Borderline Features. These records indicate no objective testing or assessment of Mr. Rupe using nationally standardized test instruments and appear only to be based upon a subjective clinical interview, which is not the typical medica/psychological standard for such a diagnosis.
    Notwithstanding the above, based upon current psychological testing as well as clinical interview results, Mr. **** presents at this time with no clinically significant symptoms of psychopathology or personality disorder traits.

Knowing this, is there any chance I can get back in and what would I need to do in order to get back in? Would writing letters addressing this to the USMEPCOM chain of command, Army Recruiting Command, my Recruiting Battalion Command and my Recruiting Brigade Command help me in any way?
Working...
X