X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR to National Guard

Whenever I decided to choose discharge, after finding out I was pregnant with my youngest; my first sargeant of my old unit told me to choose IRR instead. He said it be easier to get back in should I ever decide to. Well I decided to go back to National Guard in June of 2010. Should it take this long to get back with a National Guard Unit? The unit I want to join is my old unit. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: IRR to National Guard

If you're clean health and legal wise and they have a slot for you, it should be easy. You'll be considered re-enlisting and will have to fill out almost as much (if not as much) paperwork like you did when you joined originally.

Still need a MEPS visit, but should only take half the day instead of all day. The staff will most likely put you at the front of the line to get you finished quickly. I don't think a physical was required for me, but I requested one anyway since it had been a while.

Comment

Re: IRR to National Guard

I am in good health. And my old unit has slots available. After 8 months of trying, I finally got to MEPS. However, there were some discrepencies in my paperwork that required my civilian medical records. The recruiter sent them to MEPS and resent the pre-screening paperwork. Its been almost three months and still it hasn't cleared. Any reason why this would take so long?

Comment

Working...
      X