X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about acu's

Ok i was prior service in for 9 yrs. Left active duty in the middle of 2006...never had to wear acu's only bdu's and dcu's...so my question is this i wore m/r bdu's...what size acu's should i get...i know the reg says the coat should go no lower than the top of the the cargo pocket and no higher than the bottom of the side pocket...the acu coat i tried on is a m/r and the trousers are m/s...the coat is maybe a 1/2" below the bottom of the side pocket but it doesn't look right from past experience...i know the acu coat is a little shorter than bdu's...just swore in on friday after waiting since aug of 2010...going to 1/124 inf @cocoa...want to make a good first impression...anyone know what size i should be in...my height is 69"....weight 180...medium build...thanks for the input

Re: Question about acu's

That sounds about right for M/R to me. If I was going to order uniforms for you based simply off your info I would order M/R.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response...i dont want to look to sloppy...plus from past experience i will probably go with m/r

Comment

If nothing else, duck into an Army/Navy store and try on some stuff off the rack. It would give you a ballpark idea of what you need, and it's all pre-washed.

Or go on base and try on some stuff at Clothing Sales. Try on all the gear that you would be issued, note the sizes, and share with your Supply Sgt when you check in. If you need help, the folks in there will help you with sizes, or failing that, there is almost always an NCO wandering around who would almost certainly be willing to square you away.

Comment

I'm 68 inches, 165 pounds, athletic build, wearing a MR, looking good doing it.

Comment

You should not have to out-of-pocket a uniform so you can make a good first impression. You should just wait to you are issued your uniforms and they will measure you. You appear to be close to a Large Regular as well.

Comment

Working...
            X