X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS, From Green to Blue

Well....I tried for over a year, went through 1 Discharged NG recruiter to 1 liar to 1 that actually tried to get me back in after an 11yr Break in service....In the End an Air Force Reserve recruiter got me Sworn in 30days from contact.....Outstanding!

I am now back as E-6 Tsgt at Travis AFB...Start Drill 26th Feb.

Air Force got me 2 Waivers in 2 days....RE3 and LIPID waiver.

Don't give up and don't look to just one service....

I have 16yrs PS in Calif NG...I have now 6yr committent with AFR...

Re: PS, From Green to Blue

that's awesome!

Comment

now that you back in, you can try to transfer to the Army NG

Comment

Wouldn't think of it now....the AF has there S**t squared away.....Really, I did almost 17yrs in the Guard, The AF Reserve
        makes them look like rookies....I speak from Experience.
        There are alot of guys in my unit that are PS Marine,Army, Navy and NG...they say the same.

My Unit is constantly deployed in one fashion or another, but only for 30,60,90,120 max 180 days to Theatre.
        So plenty of volunteers for Deployments....

Comment

Originally posted by ExCrewchief View Post
          Wouldn't think of it now....the AF has there S**t squared away.....Really, I did almost 17yrs in the Guard, The AF Reserve
          makes them look like rookies....I speak from Experience.
          There are alot of guys in my unit that are PS Marine,Army, Navy and NG...they say the same.

My Unit is constantly deployed in one fashion or another, but only for 30,60,90,120 max 180 days to Theatre.
          So plenty of volunteers for Deployments....
          That is great to hear but no need to try to bash the Guard on their website. I know the Army is not a perfect animal but I wouldn't trade my Army service for anything. I have and still enjoy my service. Also, in my career, I have run into sub-standard airmen. It is what it is and what you make of it.

Also, be fortunate that the AF received you with your age and PS years. They usually are much stricter than the Army with recruitment.
          Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; March 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hmm...what kind of person does it make you to go out of your way back into these forums to say all that? Maybe you left some of your honor behind in your "green" locker.

Comment

Hold up here folks....No disrepect intended here.....Someone commented now that I am in the AF I can lateral over to the Guard...I have/had no intentions of misplacing my
              gratitude to the AF to do such, they did there Job, and a **** fine Job, the Guard and 3 recruiters did NOT, if you want to know details...PM, other then that I won't air what occured in the 9 months I tried getting in......

The Guard is not perfect...I know, I served 17yrs there and gave up plenty...I have every right to say somewhat what is on my mind....My Bro still serves after 28yrs.
              I suggest you need to be a little more thick skinned, My story is to tell anyone looking to get in to stick with it....Apologies to anyone offended.

Comment

Working...
              X