X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability and enlistment

I am trying to recruit someone who is a EX-MARINE, OIF, 2 tours, and he is trying to get some disablilty for some injuries.

Can people enlist and be partially disabled? If so is there a maximum percentage?

Re: Disability and enlistment

Chappy,

To ward off any attacks from 7011USMC, there are EX-wives and EX-cons, but no EX-Marines! FORMER Marine.....

I suspect you did that on purpose to bait the young man into your trap! LOL Enjoy!

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my son (a FORMER Marine) is rated @ 10% and is mildly entertaining the thought of active Army, or the reserve or guard. Recruiter is looking into it, but basically said it depends on what MEPS review has to say. I'll try to dig up more info......

Comment

Indeed you saw through my scheme. HOOAH. 7011USMC and I are good friends, it's the other ex-marines I have to worry about. LOL, it's a joke.

I talked to a soldier the other day who had spent 12 years on acitve duty, he said he enlisted in the Guard so he could be delpoyed. National Guard leads the way.

Comment

The max percentage is 30%. Of course, the condition that caused the partial disability may itself be a disqualifying condition.

Comment

Thank you sir.

I think he's trying to get it from his shin splints, knees, and back from all that ruk-in. He would be great as an officer. We will see what the va says.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
            Chappy,

To ward off any attacks from 7011USMC, there are EX-wives and EX-cons, but no EX-Marines! FORMER Marine.....

I suspect you did that on purpose to bait the young man into your trap! LOL Enjoy!

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my son (a FORMER Marine) is rated @ 10% and is mildly entertaining the thought of active Army, or the reserve or guard. Recruiter is looking into it, but basically said it depends on what MEPS review has to say. I'll try to dig up more info......
            OohRah! However the current 35th CMC General James (Jimbo) Amos recently stated " A Marine is a Marine. I set in policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and your in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island (me), San Diego, or the hills of Quantico. There is no such thing as a former Marine".

I've converted....Only hard core in the guard are 56M's!!! I'll take a large fry with that please.

Comment

A different phase indicates ex- or former; ETS is End Time in Service. Come back to reality.
              Last edited by Chaplain4me; February 8th, 2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                A different phase indicates ex- or former; ETS is End Time in Service. Come back to reality.
                You have never experienced the change Chappy...some of us have cards that say indefinite .

Comment

My son is at Camp Lejeune, he tells me that the smartest guy in any Marine unit is the Navy Corpsman (LOL). He just happens to be a corpsman, I assume that's just a coincidence.
                  But as to the ex- and former debate, here's my two pennies: Terms of service may end, but an oath doesn't have an experation date (regardless of branch of service). As for Marines, enlistment is temporary, crazy is forever!

Comment

HAHA Tony you're too funny.

Comment

I think you are elegible to get no more than 30% in case of partially disabled. You still need to consult a local attorney for more information and to assist you through rest of the process.
                      Pride Lifts
                      Last edited by iamjulia; January 5th, 2013, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamjulia View Post
                        I think you are elegible to get no more than 30% in case of partially disabled. You still need to consult a local attorney for more information and to assist you through rest of the process.
                        Pride Lifts
                        What? Only 30%? Wondering how they are surviving and I am sure they would even be getting more than $500 which is way too law. Government should take some serious steps as we have paid taxes from our hard earned money for years.
                        Luggie Folding Travel Scooter

Comment

Working...
                        X