Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RE-3E Erroneous Enlistment for prior use/GAD Do I have a shot at going Guard? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-3E Erroneous Enlistment for prior use/GAD Do I have a shot at going Guard?

I was released from active duty Navy in July of 2010. I was going through clearance interviews and told them about prior use I had before joining the Navy. I had experimented with cocaine briefly ( and I mean VERY briefly ) and it is on a record I had with a psychiatrist I saw literally 3 times. 1 time for my questionnaire, 2nd time for talking about general anxiety I was having about having a kid, and 3rd time to basically say "Dude, I'm doing fine and won't be coming back."

The prior psych. visit wasn't really any ordeal for the Navy, neither was the General Anxiety Disorder diagnosis, but the cocaine use came up as a PDQ and my anxiety at the time (due to clearance issues and me saying "Yes I feel anxious because of my clearance".) so they offered my release under an ELS (Entry Level Sep) and sent me on my way.

So now I'm looking to get back into the service to actually SERVE. The question is, even if I have the devotion and can prove mitigation of old anxiety problems, will the Guard take me?

Just trying to live up to the family lineage.

Re: RE-3E Erroneous Enlistment for prior use/GAD Do I have a shot at going Guard?

It would require an NGB waiver to get back in...I wouldnt hold your breath.

Comment

Re: RE-3E Erroneous Enlistment for prior use/GAD Do I have a shot at going Guard?

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      It would require an NGB waiver to get back in...I wouldnt hold your breath.
      Pretty slim pickings as far as that goes eh? That's disappointing.

Comment

what you will need to do since you are on record using cocaine is get a sponsor,someone in your community that is either in politics or is a retired bird or higher.Some recruiters have a contact.The USMC helps people get in that have had non criminal conviction resulting past mistakes.The simple fact that you tried to hide it before is what is really against you and the fact that the military is about to start downsizing again,but dont give up if it is what you REALLY want in life it may take awhile but there is a slight chance.Good luck.

Comment

I would agree with what RSP_NCO. Its an NGB Waiver and from what I'm hearing now, we are over strength which would cut that short. Give it a shot and Hawkeyes also said something, get a few character references, I needed 3 to get back in. I had 1 from a Ret COL, 2 from Local community members with alot of ties.

Comment

I see. I don't have any higher up vet ties. I have a o-4 officer buddy in the Nav within the intelligence field. And my god father who was o-2 counter intel, so maybe that will help? I wanted to Guard or a reserve unit, figured guard would help the most. Any other tips? Our locations station is far more interested in fresh meat!

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
              I see. I don't have any higher up vet ties. I have a o-4 officer buddy in the Nav within the intelligence field. And my god father who was o-2 counter intel, so maybe that will help? I wanted to Guard or a reserve unit, figured guard would help the most. Any other tips? Our locations station is far more interested in fresh meat!
              That may help....Try it, I think it should, just don't ruin there names LOL.

Comment

Working...
              X