Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably heard this one before, but...

Ok, I am a prior Army SGT, I've been out since November of '06, I got out with an RE code 3, and a separation code of JFM, medically discharged for psyche, was very close to going to meps for a physical, but then they stopped waivers for psyche. I am trying to get into the Oklahoma National Guard. At this point I am willing to do just about anything to get back in, reduction in rank I really don't care. For me it is not about the money, its the comraderie, if anyone has any advise for me, please help, I've been trying to get in since November of '09. Thanks, Shawn

Re: Probably heard this one before, but...

Sounds like you've covered your bases, if your recruiter is saying nothing more can be done right now then your probably stuck.
    Last edited by HR NCO; January 5th, 2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawnmhe View Post
      Ok, I am a prior Army SGT, I've been out since November of '06, I got out with an RE code 3, and a separation code of JFM, medically discharged for psyche, was very close to going to meps for a physical, but then they stopped waivers for psyche. I am trying to get into the Oklahoma National Guard. At this point I am willing to do just about anything to get back in, reduction in rank I really don't care. For me it is not about the money, its the comraderie, if anyone has any advise for me, please help, I've been trying to get in since November of '09. Thanks, Shawn
      If you dont mind me asking, What was the phych problem?

Comment

Severe depression exasperated by military service, EPS

Comment

So MEPS excepted you to physical, but then the no phych waiver thing happend? I am having a hard time getting MEPS to except me with just one time adjustment disorder and i have 2 letters from Dr's saying I am good to go.

Comment

I've also got a RE-3 and it's been long process. All I can say is stay optimistic and keep calling your recruiter until they stop returning your calls or tell you they can't get you in. I was forced to move on to a new recruiter as the last one didn't return my calls but I'm not letting that stop me. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Ok, BryanIL, thanks for the advise, don't worry once a soldier always a soldier. Now, since I initially wrote this post, I talked to a few people still in the active component, and rather high ranking. If I went to a board certified psychiatrist and got a clean bill of mental health, would that do anything, meaning, what are the chances of me going to MEPS for a physical?

Comment

You're trying to join the second best state in the country. Oklahoma!!!! HOOAH second only to VIRGINIA HOOAH!!!!

I probably know your recruiter, well, a possibility.

You need to see what exactly is required for a waiver, such as what you have suggested.

Listen there was a guy who was 65+ years old, and enlisted. Keep trying.

Comment

I would definitely get a letter from a psychiatrist saying that you are in good mental health now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                    You're trying to join the second best state in the country. Oklahoma!!!! HOOAH second only to VIRGINIA HOOAH!!!!

I probably know your recruiter, well, a possibility. .
                    First of all, Oklahoma IS the best. HOOAH!!!

and 2nd, i probably know him too!

Good luck to you Sgt. Hope everything works out!

Alex

Comment

Oklahoma is no Virginia close.

Plus it no longer has Chaplain4me, and that's the main reason Virginia is now better LOL!!!

Comment

Well then sir, I guess I'm just gonna hafta come out there to Virginia and fetch you back.....

did AIT in Virginia, pretty country, but too many people.

Comment

So how do you know if things are ok now? Is this something that is curable and goes away after time? EPS or EPTS (existed prior to service)? Also, discharged for this as an NCO might have some bearing as well on recruiters being motivated to assist. You were probably in charge of soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                            So how do you know if things are ok now? Is this something that is curable and goes away after time? EPS or EPTS (existed prior to service)? Also,
                            discharged for this as an NCO might have some bearing as well on recruiters being motivated to assist.
                            You were probably in charge of soldiers.
                            I was actually a recruiter (active) when it happened, and if it is cureable or not, it is depression. I just want a difinative answer to if I can get back in and if the answer isn't "no", then I will get back in. And they said it existed prior to service.

Comment

I was actually a recruiter (active) when it happened, and if it is cureable or not, it is depression. I just want a difinative answer to if I can get back in and if the answer isn't "no", then I will get back in. And they said it existed prior to service.
                              Well I guess a recruiter will have to provide some feedback. I wish you luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X