X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedrec board

Hello all, I am scheduled to meet the FEDREC board next month (26 Jan 12). Can I get any advice on what to expect in terms of questions, duration of the board, and what the "no-no's" are. Thanks in advance.

Re: Fedrec board

What's the reason for your appearance? That will tailor my advice to you.

Comment

Thank you for the response sir. I am going up to the FEDREC board for confirmation as a "72D-Environmental Health Science Officer". I can't wait- I'm very excited. Hopefully it goes well, I want to deploy soon. If confirmed, I hope my unit sends me to BOLC soon.

Comment

OK, so it's for direct appointment in a special branch. The purpose of the board is to perform a final independent check to ensure that you meet legal and regulatory standards. It's not a beauty pageant, so they won't ask you about world peace, or make you sing a schmaltzy love song. They will review your documents (likely before you arrive), and then perhaps ask a few generalized questions about your motivations. Why do you want to serve? What brought you to this point? What do you plan to accomplish for the Guard? If you have coherent answers to those questions, I think you'll do just fine.

Comment

Thank you sir. I hope everything goes well.

Comment

As a person who went through and completed this process recently, I would simply say that as long as you take it seriously and answer honestly, you'll have no problems at all. I don't want to call it a formality, but it certainly seemed that way.

Comment

Thanks for the insight MRkisil. What AOC did you commission into and did you attend BOLC yet? What are your stats so I can compare myself to you. Again, thanks for taking the time to comment, and believe me when I say I take this opportunity more than seriously. I want to use the platform to improve my unit in a plethora of ways, I also can't wait to deploy. Hopefully I get approved, then off to BOLC and deploy after wards for a year. My wife may not like that so much but serving is my dream. A very unique experience to build comradery while helping down range. I'm excited!

Comment

Working...
              X