Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC SMP - Letter of Acceptance

To any current 2LTs or other ROTC SMP cadets,
    When did you submit a Letter of Acceptance to stay with the unit you drilled with prior to commissioning? I want to stay with the unit I've been drilling with and secure one of the LT in my company. Right now I am a Junior (MSIII) and am set to commission May 2013...Is it too early?

Re: ROTC SMP - Letter of Acceptance

Yes, it is too early. A whole lot of other factors come into play, not the least of that there are FY12 cadets who are going to need slots a year before you do.

As a side note, it is generally not a good idea to SMP with a unit and then become a PL. Yes, you might be familiar with them but then again, you might be familiar with them, capice?

Comment

Re: ROTC SMP - Letter of Acceptance

Thanks I have been receiving mixed guidance on whether I should secure a slot somewhere now or to hold off until I finish LDAC. I definitely understand the disadvantages of staying with a unit you were with while a cadet and trying to transition to a PL. The primary reason I would want to stay with my unit is because of the branch I want and the limited opportunities in my state. Also, since I have been with the unit I have been working with the LT's and not as enlisted like some other SMP cadets I know.

Comment

Working...
      X