X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCT to OCS - A few questions

I ship for BCT at FT Sill on February 29 and have been told that I will be transported directly from BCT to FT Benning for OCS. I have been told that transportation will be provided, but I have not seen anything in writing. Does anyone have any clarification on this?

Also, I have been reviewing the packing lists BCT and OCS and while BCT seems to be fairly basic (I can get anything I forget while at the BX during reception) my concern lies in the extra items needed for OCS. I assume that all uniform items excluding rank patches will be issued at BCT and so there is no concern there, but will there be time for me to shop for the pens, papers, handbooks, etc between BCT and OCS?

The last thing I want to happen is for me to finish BCT and make it to OCS only to be removed from the program due not having a required item. How much time can I expect between BCT and OCS? Will that time be spent at FT Sill, FT Benning, or on personal leave? Will I be given an chance to shop for those items or should I prepare a care package now containing the extra items and have it shipped to me? Should I have it shipped to FT Sill during my last week of BCT?

I know I have a lot of questions all in one post and I appologize. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: BCT to OCS - A few questions

Originally posted by fobnicat View Post
    I ship for BCT at FT Sill on February 29 and have been told that I will be transported directly from BCT to FT Benning for OCS. I have been told that transportation will be provided, but I have not seen anything in writing. Does anyone have any clarification on this?

Also, I have been reviewing the packing lists BCT and OCS and while BCT seems to be fairly basic (I can get anything I forget while at the BX during reception) my concern lies in the extra items needed for OCS. I assume that all uniform items excluding rank patches will be issued at BCT and so there is no concern there, but will there be time for me to shop for the pens, papers, handbooks, etc between BCT and OCS?

The last thing I want to happen is for me to finish BCT and make it to OCS only to be removed from the program due not having a required item. How much time can I expect between BCT and OCS? Will that time be spent at FT Sill, FT Benning, or on personal leave? Will I be given an chance to shop for those items or should I prepare a care package now containing the extra items and have it shipped to me? Should I have it shipped to FT Sill during my last week of BCT?

I know I have a lot of questions all in one post and I appologize. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Your OSM or RTI will be able to answer these questions more thoroughly. I would hate to put out information that may not be correct. Their answer will probably be based off of your order or orders.

Comment

You would be well served to go to:
      www.armyocs.com
      read all you can, and then create an account for any unanswered questions.
      You are right, you do not want to show up there without everything needed.

Comment

I doubt you will ship from BCT to OCS (i have never seen or heard of this). Most states require a Pre-OCS phase that you will drill with your states RTI. You need to contact your OSR or OSM. Federal OCS at Ft. Benning has limited NG slots. It is more likely that you will attend a NGB course at Ft. McClellan, Ft. Indiantown Gap, or a state course at your RTI.

Comment

Working...
        X