X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an Aviation WO slot...

I'm excited, proud, etc etc. However... the slot I have is for a state that has an airframe (uh60) in which I am not particularly interested in flying. I'm happy to have this slot, don't get me wrong. It's an honor. However, I really want to be an Apache pilot and am willing to relocate to make that happen. Is it possible to get a State transfer once I'm in school and training? I know I will technically belong to the state that is sending me to woc school and what not. But, is there a way to change that once I'm in? I've heard that States can swap slots or offer their unused slots to others... is that correct? Please advise.

I love UH60s and would happily pilot one if I could get in with 160th. Long story short, I want to be in the fight to support my brothers n the ground in a combat role, moreso than a support/transportation role.

Re: I got an Aviation WO slot...

Why can't you just say Black Hawk? Also, you are very fortunate to get this slot and I will just focus on that for the near future. With WOCS and flight school, two years will almost pass by and perhaps OEF ending. 160th SOAR is AD and that is a whole different process as well. Focus on A and B before getting to C.

Comment

The Blackhawk has relevance across the entire gamut of operations, from domestic emergency relief all the way up through full-spectrum war. The Blackhawk always has a role to play, even if that role isn't quite as glamorous. The Apache isn't nearly as flexible.

Comment

Be the best 60 pilot you can be. You have a lot of very difficult training that you're not guaranteed to get through, so start with mastering your current track. In several years, maybe the opportunity to fly 64's will come up and when it does, you won't be the only one wanting to do it, so if you've been humble and been the best Air Assault pilot you can be, you may be considered. It costs a lot of money to train you on just one airframe, let alone multiple, so they don't come easy. As far as interstate transfers, same deal - they usually don't like to take a transfer just to have to retrain them. Flying the UH-60 is phenomenal, by far the coolest thing I've ever done, enjoy the opportunity you have and be better than everyone else so that if your lucky enough to have the opportunity at another airframe, you can be considered. It's never to early to study chapters 5 and 9!

Comment

Working...
        X