X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can I wait to head to OCS?

Female 09S. Completed basic, started OCS, got hurt and had to withdraw out of atraditional program. Re-applied. Supposed to leave again in January for accelerated.

Needless to say, hit a life speed bump. Birth control failed (yes, failed but not because it wasn't used properly and I won't elaborate on a family friendly board) and now I'm pregnant.

What are my options at this point? Discharge (reading about discharge for not completing IADT but not sure how it reads for Guard?) IRR and then re-enlist when medically possible? Termination is not an option.

This is a huge turn of events, and even while my husband and I were extremely responsible, apparently **** happens. Have not told my unit yet as I have no course of action other than saying "oh s***" Google is not much help.

Re: How long can I wait to head to OCS?

I believe you can request discharge but check with your leadership. I hope they already know. BTW congrats. I am heading back to Afghanistan for my third deployment and a female soldier got pregnant at the right time. . She is
    Not coming with us and remains on rear D

Comment

I don't want a discharge! I would like to stay in, and go back to OCS 9 months and change later. Is that a viable option? Or it a unit based decision? I did not know if this qualifies me for an automatic discharge being non-MOSQ, or if I would have the option to stay in and finish training albeit at a later date.

Comment

You need to inform your chain of command. Your commander then should counsel you on your options.

Comment

Working...
        X