X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Commissioned Aviation Openings

Greetings National Guard community. I've been looking for guidance on this subject for a while with no real leads, so I figured that I'd come here. I'm currently an MSIII Cadet in Idaho with 8 years prior service(made it to E-5 before I was contracted) in Field Artillery with Idaho guard. I'm 26 years old, on track to graduate December 2012, have a current GPA of 3.78, and looking to get into aviation. I've taken the AFAST and scored a 156, have a GT score of 112, and I've been approved by Idaho's flight surgeon as good to go. I've completed the flight physical and am awaiting final approval from Ft. Rucker as of right now. I've tried to put all my ducks in a row this far in advance so that I can start looking around for states who need good, solid, experienced soldiers for aviators. Does anyone know of any openings for any state? I'm completely willing to relocate anywhere in the states to get into this position. If anyone has any guidance, advice, OSM numbers, or anything else for that matter, please let me know. Thanks again for the help and have a great day.

Re: Looking for Commissioned Aviation Openings

Forgot to note also, I have various awards, served in OIF III from 03 July, 2004 to 15 November, 2005, I'm fluent in spanish, and I'm Air Assault and Airborne qualified...if any of that helps my chances at all.

Comment

The state of Washington currently has an open position.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohman View Post
        I'm fluent in spanish...if any of that helps my chances at all.
        Wow, well since you speak spanish you'll go to the front of the line. After all, everybody knows all the flight manuals are only in spanish so that is the biggest requirement.

(lol...sorry, couldn't help myself)

Comment

I know, that's what I was thinking! Hey Lt. Blanding, would you have any recommendations on who to call to find more about those opening in Washington. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohman View Post
            Greetings National Guard community. I've been looking for guidance on this subject for a while with no real leads, so I figured that I'd come here. I'm currently an MSIII Cadet in Idaho with 8 years prior service(made it to E-5 before I was contracted) in Field Artillery with Idaho guard. I'm 26 years old, on track to graduate December 2012, have a current GPA of 3.78, and looking to get into aviation. I've taken the AFAST and scored a 156, have a GT score of 112, and I've been approved by Idaho's flight surgeon as good to go. I've completed the flight physical and am awaiting final approval from Ft. Rucker as of right now. I've tried to put all my ducks in a row this far in advance so that I can start looking around for states who need good, solid, experienced soldiers for aviators. Does anyone know of any openings for any state? I'm completely willing to relocate anywhere in the states to get into this position. If anyone has any guidance, advice, OSM numbers, or anything else for that matter, please let me know. Thanks again for the help and have a great day.
            Interesting. You're completely willing to relocate anywhere in the United States for a position that does what.... 10 UTAs a month... a part-time job. Why don't you look into Active Duty? Seems strange that someone would prioritize 5ish days in a calendar month over the other 25ish.

Comment

Working...
            X