X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training for OCS

I've got a couple of questions for anyone familiar with the traditional OCS program.

How does the intensity of training compare to BCT? Is there any literature floating around describing the specific training events and graduation requirements? In BCT I don't think we ever ran more than 2 miles at a time. If I need to be ready for something much more substantial a heads-up would be helpful.

Re: Training for OCS

Have you tried armyngocs.com or armyocs.com? Lots of information about OCS on those two sites. Good luck!

Comment

I haven't been to OCS yet myself, but I've heard to expect timed runs anywhere from 2 to 5 miles, and if you don't make it in time, they'll recycle you. I know somebody who went through OCS just recently and she said they would run a mile and a half to doughboy stadium, run sprints and stairs, then run a mile and a half back.

Comment

Here is a link to the Alabama Military Academy's Officer Candidate Guide.
        Download it, and turn to the back. It has graduation requirements.

http://alguard.state.al.us/Careers/O...s/default.aspx

2LT scj

Comment

We ran up to 6 at a time (most of the time) and multiple times some days. I did not go through BCT, but I hear BCT is a joke compared to the physicality and mind trick OCS is. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by WUNgUN View Post
            BCT is a joke compared to the physicality and mind trick OCS is. Good luck.
            I second this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by WUNgUN View Post
              We ran up to 6 at a time (most of the time) and multiple times some days. I did not go through BCT, but I hear BCT is a joke compared to the physicality and mind trick OCS is. Good luck.
              BCT is a joke compared to OCS.
              OCS is a joke compared to IBOLC.
              IBOLC is a joke compared to RS.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                BCT is a joke compared to OCS.
                OCS is a joke compared to IBOLC.
                IBOLC is a joke compared to RS.
                Exactly, you cannot compare BCT to OCS. OCS is a student-led leadership program. BCT should provide you with a basis to allow success for OCS - at least in the physical department.

Comment

Just count on eighteen months or so of just getting the living **** smoked out of you for mess ups and stuff that isnt a mess up at all. Fail to meet a time hack, youre gonna get smoked. Meet the time hack? you'll likely get smoked for something else anyways. Just the way it is. We went on a seven mile beach run for giving an award to a TAC at the dining in. "the little engine that could award" because she constantly threatened her squad with making them run a mile before friday PT.

Just happens. There's a million ways to fail OCS. Five, Seven and ten mile ruck march, academic tests, leadership evals, etc. If you are in somewhat decent shape and mentally strong, you will endure. You will pass.

Comment

Working...
                  X