X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisted to OCS/State transfer

I am currently enlisted in the PA Army National Guard, but moved to WV during my contract. I am aware that I cannot simply transfer before my original ETS in August 2013, because I would have to repay PA for the bonus and education incentives I received. However, I have been considering a commission and understand that an Officer's contract is a new 6 year deal. Therefore, If I would go through OCS and commission into the WV NG, would I still face recoupment of funds?

Re: Enlisted to OCS/State transfer

Originally posted by Medic-Man View Post
    I am currently enlisted in the PA Army National Guard, but moved to WV during my contract. I am aware that I cannot simply transfer before my original ETS in August 2013, because I would have to repay PA for the bonus and education incentives I received. However, I have been considering a commission and understand that an Officer's contract is a new 6 year deal. Therefore, If I would go through OCS and commission into the WV NG, would I still face recoupment of funds?
    What?! Who told you this? Just talk to your unit about an Interstate Transfer (IST). It is common and should not affect your incentives. Each state has an IST coordinator to help with these situations. Guardsman move all the time. Those monetary incentives are for the National Guard, not just for PA. Assuming you can find a vacant slot in WV you should have no issues.

Comment

Working...
    X