My name is Brian (Live in FL)
    Im 26 will be 27 in 4 months.
    Bachelor of Science- Aeronautical Science
    Minor- Flight Testing & Simulations
    1st Class Medical (No Restrictions)
    Commercial Multi Pilot
    Instrument Rated
    Multi time over 100hrs PIC
    Jet - 40 hours (20PIC/20SIC) more than I can think of in class/ground.
    High Altitude endorsement
    Complex Aircraft endors
    High Performance endors
    Tail Wheel endors
    Upset/All Attitude Flight Training with Nastar
    Have held positions as an Asst Mngr/ Mngr (Retail/Rec.)
    Bilingual (English/Spanish) (Intermediate in Italian, Portuguese)
    Volunteer (Field/Air Coordinator w/ Aerial Banners) 2007
    Civil Air Patrol Cadet (2000-2003) while in H.S.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Over the years I have been thinking and feel like Ive been missing something extra in my life. A sense of duty, experience, leadership as well do things Ive never imagine of. My Dad is ex-military (Army), so while I was in College. He always stressed in me on doing ROTC. At the time I did not feel ready doing ROTC, nor I had the motivation for it (I did not want to waste anyones time if I couldnt give my 110% at that particular time). Now a few years later I feel like I am ready, have the motivation, and Im up for the challenge.

The reason that Im here is that Im a bit unsure on the reqs, and which branch to join.(I've been leaning more into the Army & Navy) Ive always had the aviation bug since I can remember, and It does matter to me what type of aircraft I fly or be part of a crew. (fixed or helo).

Ive been to a few recruitment offices, but I have yet to come across a recruiter that is willing to work with me, or show me the right direction. That is why I am here. So what are my steps, do I qualified as an Aviation/ Crew (Officer) (Active, Reserve Guard?)

Thank you.
    Last edited by RodCord; September 14th, 2011, 08:12 PM.

Re: Have a few questions / Need advice.

Since you already have a degree and probably are not wanting to go back for a Master's, you are looking at OCS. During OCS, you are given the opportunity to put in for 3 branches that you want to be in, but ultimately, it is up to needs of the Army. Plus, aviation is super competative. If you can talk to a commander while in OCS and get a LOA for a spot there, you'd be golden. But again, that is tough...

You may want to look into the Aviation Warrant Officer program if you want to fly.

Comment

If you REALLY REALLY want to fly...

Navy and Marines have A LOT of pilots. Marines have a lot of helos.

I don't mean to turn down the Army Guard, but since you said you had options, I'm just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
        If you REALLY REALLY want to fly...

Navy and Marines have A LOT of pilots. Marines have a lot of helos.

I don't mean to turn down the Army Guard, but since you said you had options, I'm just throwing it out there.
        Those options are quite a different lifestyle than the Guard. Caveat emptor.

Comment

Acknowledged and I wouldn't of suggested it if he didn't throw in, at the end, "(Active, Reserve, Guard?)" Which to me, sounds like he is pretty much open to whatever.

Comment

I was looking into the Navy with the marine option, but with the age req of 27. It just wont work out. The Air Force is extremely competitive so I guess Im somewhat left with the Army.
            I will definitely look into the warrant officer program, still wouldnt mind being an aviation as an officer and as I am promoted I do less flying wouldnt bother me either.

Comment

Working...
            X