X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Traditional OCS 2012

I have been researching much about OCS, ROTC etc and had someone mention the Traditional OCS which starts in March one year, and ends in August a year and half later. I have already read this forum on the information available and now have some questions of my own.

For starters, I already have an Associates degree and would be transferring to a four year school for around three years to earn a different degree than what I already have, hence, the extra year. So I have over 80 credits. Less than 90 though.

I was curious what is the process and requirements...what are the minimum fitness requirements to enter? Also, do you get the same benefits as active Guardsmen (Education wise) In my state, Massachusetts, they get 100 percent tuition and fees.

Also as far as the GI Bill and GI Bill kickers goes, does that factor in?

Thanks. Have a good day.

Re: National Guard Traditional OCS 2012

I actually just thought about this what if I went to BCT in November then managed to get an Accellerated OCS slot right after? I wouldnt have 90 credits yet but perhaps I could go to school in Fall 2012, then take the officers course in Summer 2013? Would they allow this?
    Last edited by SeanR87; June 16th, 2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanR87 View Post
      I have been researching much about OCS, ROTC etc and had someone mention the Traditional OCS which starts in March one year, and ends in August a year and half later. I have already read this forum on the information available and now have some questions of my own.

For starters, I already have an Associates degree and would be transferring to a four year school for around three years to earn a different degree than what I already have, hence, the extra year. So I have over 80 credits. Less than 90 though.

I was curious what is the process and requirements...what are the minimum fitness requirements to enter? Also, do you get the same benefits as active Guardsmen (Education wise) In my state, Massachusetts, they get 100 percent tuition and fees.

Also as far as the GI Bill and GI Bill kickers goes, does that factor in?

Thanks. Have a good day.
      Private message sent, SeanR87

Comment

Any dates for the FY 2012 OCS yet for Tennessee?

Thanks!

Stephen Rhoades

Comment

Working...
        X