Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prior Service, Looking to Enlist and do State OCS, few questions please.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service, Looking to Enlist and do State OCS, few questions please.

Hey everyone,

So technically I'm prior service because I served over 6 months on Active Duty. I enlisted in 2008 as a 31B, and went to OSUT at Fort Leonard Wood. I completed Basic Training, and while in the final stages of my AIT, I broke my hip, had surgery and was medically discharged with an honorable med. I ended up getting discharged just shy of a year (had physical therapy and such on Active before discharge). My injury has been cleared by the VA, and I talked to an ARNG recruiter who said I can enlist with my discharge as long as I get a waiver approved.

After my discharge, I went back to college and from what I've read, I have the minimum requirements for State OCS. I currently have 61 college units, and I'm on track to receive my bachelors degree in a couple years. From what I've read, you can apply for State OCS with only 60 college units.

So assuming I can find a recruiter willing to work with me and a waiver, do I get 09S in my contract, and just drill until OCS starts (and have a guaranteed spot)? Or do I have to enlist first as an MOS, then try to drop an OCS packet in?

Thanks

Re: Prior Service, Looking to Enlist and do State OCS, few questions please.

You will get 09S in your contract and that will be your MOS and you will set up an officer packet.

Since you have BCT done you will go before the board and get accepted into the State OCS program.

I believe you will be placed in RSP until your OCS class starts and drill with them.

Comment

Working...
    X