X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: resigning a commission?

I was told by AD recruiter I need to resign my state commission, get a DD368 approved in order to be accepted to AD component as infantry officer. I've tried to get a black or white answer about this matter and everyone at the OSM office have a different answer, no one seems to understand how the process of National Guard infantry officer wants to switch to Active duty infantry officer.
    I have not completed my 6 years drilling term, I had major changes my in life thats pushing me to go AD. Many said this is almost impossible because the guard will not release you or approve your DD368.
    If the state is trying to hold on to you regardless of your living situation, because they don't want to lose their money, what happened if you IST to another state? didn't they lose their money anyway? why won't they just approve your DD368 and let you take care of your own.

Comment

Re: resigning a commission?

Originally posted by LTinfantry View Post
      I was told by AD recruiter I need to resign my state commission, get a DD368 approved in order to be accepted to AD component as infantry officer. I've tried to get a black or white answer about this matter and everyone at the OSM office have a different answer, no one seems to understand how the process of National Guard infantry officer wants to switch to Active duty infantry officer.
      I have not completed my 6 years drilling term, I had major changes my in life thats pushing me to go AD. Many said this is almost impossible because the guard will not release you or approve your DD368.
      If the state is trying to hold on to you regardless of your living situation, because they don't want to lose their money, what happened if you IST to another state? didn't they lose their money anyway? why won't they just approve your DD368 and let you take care of your own.
      LT, I'm not certain if you are simply talking to a AD enlisted recruiter, but unless someone else can give you better information the only way for a Reserve Officer to access into the Active Duty is via the FY12 Officer Call to Active Duty Program. Reference Milper Message Number 11-318. Unfortunately, you don't currently qualify for the grade of officer the AD is accepting this year. (Unless the LTInfantry is inadvertantly spurious, and you are an O3 meeting the other criteria.) To quote the current Milper Message:

THERE ARE SEVERAL MAJOR CHANGES FOR THE CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY (REGULAR ARMY) PROGRAM THAT ARE SUMMARIZED HERE (SEE PARA 6 FOR DETAILS).

A. THIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO LTS.

B. THIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO LTCS.

C. THIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED TO WO1 - CW5S.

F. IN THIS PROGRAM'S NEW ACCESSION PHILOSOPHY, APPLYING ELIGIBLE USAR/ARNG OFFICERS MAY REQUEST A CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE NEEDS OF THE ARMY BASED UPON THE CRITICAL SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE OUTLINED IN PARAGRAPH 3D ABOVE. THE OFFICER PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE (OPMD) WILL REVIEW THE APPLICANT'S PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS. THOSE OFFICERS DETERMINED QUALIFIED FOR ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE WILL BE NOTIFIED OF A BRANCH OR FUNCTIONAL AREA, AS DETERMINED BY OPMD, WITH THE OPTION OF ACCEPTING THE OFFER FOR ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE.

5. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS ARE FOUND IN AR 135-210, AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:

A. MUST BE A GRADUATE OF:

(1) FOR CPTS: AN ACTIVE COMPONENT CATEGORY (ACC) CPT CAREER COURSE (CCC).

(6) REQUEST FOR WAIVERS OF ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA NOT SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED BY THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.

Please check the HRC website for the current Milper Message that is valid until OCT 13. Application process for ARNG Officers is included in the message, but unfortunately, only CPT's and MAJ's are being considered currently, and only with specific educational and professional background.
      (7) TO REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT APPLICATION PROCEDURES, CALL 502-613-6827/6288.
      Last edited by Mongoose772; July 16th, 2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X