X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH at IBOLC

I am a SMP cadet anticipating graduation in Dec 2011. I am currently residing in fayetteville NC and will graduate from a school co-located here. I am anticipating an Infantry branch assignment with the PAARNG. My home of record for AD and in the NCARNG is in fayetteville, but I will be moving back to PA for grad school and continued service in the Guard, how can I go about changing my home of record between graduation and IBOLC, its about a $3,000 difference over the length of the course.
    Thanks
    Mungo

Re: BAH at IBOLC

The difference in money has no relevance on your issue. Establishing residency has numerous implications in the short-term and the long-term. Please don't play games with this. Ask yourself the question, "Where do I plan to establish my permanent household?" If that location means more or less BAH than someplace else, that's not relevant.

Once you've answered the above question honestly (and in a way that a fraud investigator would find convincing) you'll file a DA Form 5960, along with proof of residency in that zip code (e.g., lease agreement, mortgage, property deed) when you inprocess at BOLC.

Comment

Sir
      Thanks for the guidence, I intend on establishing residency in PA prior to heading to Benning, as I intend on returning to academia by September. The difference in the cost of living between fayetteville and PA had me concerned, and the $3,000 was reflective of the concern.
      Thanks again.
      Mungo

Comment

Your BAH will be determined by the address at the time your orders are published. I was in the very same situation you were, living in another state going to college when I went to OBC. I never had any issues with proving residency ect.

Comment

Working...
        X