X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branch Decision // Unit Activity

I realise that the NG is a part-time commitment for the most part, but as a newly commissioned officer out of college, I plan on making the Guard my full-time job if possible and I'm willing to move to most states, preferably in the North East. I realise that I might still want to go active duty (haven't quite switched to SMP yet) but I wanted some input on this...

My two top choices are AV and IN. Which would be a better choice for someone like me?
    I realise aviation has a demanding flight schedule, especially for jr officers, but can someone give me some more details?
    And about infantry... How often do units generally drill? Are there any high-speed units that would fit my needs? My father was a PL in the 75th during Nam, so I would be PSYKED to go to Ranger School

Thanks as always for the help.

Re: Branch Decision // Unit Activity

Originally posted by coprhead6 View Post
    I realise that the NG is a part-time commitment for the most part, but as a newly commissioned officer out of college, I plan on making the Guard my full-time job if possible and I'm willing to move to most states, preferably in the North East. I realise that I might still want to go active duty (haven't quite switched to SMP yet) but I wanted some input on this...

My two top choices are AV and IN. Which would be a better choice for someone like me?
    I realise aviation has a demanding flight schedule, especially for jr officers, but can someone give me some more details?
    And about infantry... How often do units generally drill? Are there any high-speed units that would fit my needs? My father was a PL in the 75th during Nam, so I would be PSYCHEDto go to Ranger School

Thanks as always for the help.
    Spell checked for you lol. But every regular unit is 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks in the summer. AV does more to log their flight hours. However we don't know enough about you to make that decision on what you should branch. That's best for you to decide. Normally you will create a list of multiple options to branch in case you don't get your first choice.
    FT is hard to get as a junior officer, so don't get discouraged if you don't get it right away. Just keep pushing and eventually you'll get one.

Comment

Thanks for the spell check LT, lol. I wrote that entire post on my phone and I'm surprised I didn't make more mistakes

Comment

lol. Don't worry, someone will chime in for explination of aviation soon.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
          lol. Don't worry, someone will chime in for explanation of aviation soon.
          Spell checked it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
            Spell checked it for you.
            haha, I typed too fast and didn't even look at the spell checker! D'oh!

Comment

Working...
            X