Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to branch?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: What to branch?

    I got what I would call a valid confirmation of a warno... supposed to get more details later. When I know, I'll fill you in.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: What to branch?

      Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
      I got what I would call a valid confirmation of a warno... supposed to get more details later. When I know, I'll fill you in.
      Show stopper... I got the "WARNO" too. LTC Nema right?

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: What to branch?

        Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
        You talking to Polo or me? lol. We just had our preparation for the d@mn COMET inspection... REDIC. But so far we did well so it's ok. I'm not sure what's going down for june yet, I'm submitted for CBRN school and the dates currently conflict with drill. Even though it's at Ft. Dix and its Monday-Friday my new commander is hardcore about the "constructive" on the Red One and probably won't let me go.
        Polo- We need to still meet up man!
        SGTS6... You're invited too lol... Do you work FT in Dix?
        I was talking to you as I saw your sig. . I work in west orange. left JFHQ in 07 after roughly 10 years full time GS. Still a GS at the "top of the rock". Sorry over looked you are F Co. I know C co had a go at our comex. It was flop, we could not hit the birds or get anything to work. But we will try again in june. I think it's a MUTA6 gotta love those. The really sad part about it was NJ was given 3 million by big army to train it's soldiers a few years back. Well not really sure where the money went. But when big army demanded it back, or send the soldiers to training. A small handful was sent to gordon last august. The lack of training really showed during the comex. 6 soldiers sitting around CPN's and only one was trained. 40 soliders walking around STT's and only 1 was trained. It's no wonder we could not get anything to work. Thanks for the invite. I try and stay away from dix as much as possible or anything else military when im not required to. I'll be heading back there soon enough. The G6 has informed me once I am MOSQ 250N. I will be pulled back into the section. But I did explain I would like to deploy first. So I figure 2014/2015 I'll be at dix for the remainder of my career. Just hope my head does not explode. )

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: What to branch?

          What's the deal with the COMEX besides what I can easily Google?

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: What to branch?

            The COMEX is just that. A communication exercise. Time to stand up all the equipment we have been given and make it work. But I'll tell you, it's a shame because we only have 1 more COMEX as far as I know to get the stuff working before AT at AP Hill. Honestly I don't think command will have working phones or internet other then what they are paying for on their own cell service. I know 250 C Co has had their STT's and JNN's stood last week trying get the stuff to work up at West Orange. I have been on the road at Sea Girt most of the last two weeks so I don't know if they were able to get them on the bird. I know they did not have a ton of SAT time to do it. I hope they did. If a unit is squared away the systems should be able to providing services within 1 or 2 hours. But it's hard for a unit to be squared away when command is more concerned about PT test for soldiers who have passed it already. I had an LT from the 1/114th tell us in the AAR after the COMEX that his command is more concerned with road marches and nothing else. Well that commander needs to be made to understand if he does not allow his S6 section to train, his soldiers won't be kicking down any doors anytime soon. As my sig says, "No comm, No Mission". I just hope they give their troops the training time needed. This stuff is not a linksys router that works right out of the box in ten minutes. I'm in the S6 for Brigade and I'm telling you the amount of servers we need to have up and running is insane. My section commander understands this stuff needs to work, but his training schedule is often cancelled because the Brigade commander wants other training completed that in my opinon is important but not this important. Example. This Mays drill my entire section is to PT test even though the whole section is qaulified last November. We should not be PT'ing this May. We should be configuring servers, phones etc so when hit AP Hill the stuff works. The Brigade is trying to split up the section for AT this year. 3 weeks long with 1/2 the section heading down before everyone else to stand up the equipment. But if the stuff is not configured, it won't matter. Another example. I am in charge of the NetOps. I have yet to be able to touch the servers all year. So I am behind 400 man hours required to stand them up and configure them correctly with IA patches etc. That's 10 full time work weeks. LOL I'm expected to stand that stuff up in 40 hours and a MUTA 6 lol.
            Last edited by SGTS6; April 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: What to branch?

              Originally posted by SGTS6 View Post
              The COMEX is just that. A communication exercise. Time to stand up all the equipment we have been given and make it work. But I'll tell you, it's a shame because we only have 1 more COMEX as far as I know to get the stuff working before AT at AP Hill. Honestly I don't think command will have working phones or internet other then what they are paying for on their own cell service. I know 250 C Co has had their STT's and JNN's stood last week trying get the stuff to work up at West Orange. I have been on the road at Sea Girt most of the last two weeks so I don't know if they were able to get them on the bird. I know they did not have a ton of SAT time to do it. I hope they did. If a unit is squared away the systems should be able to providing services within 1 or 2 hours. But it's hard for a unit to be squared away when command is more concerned about PT test for soldiers who have passed it already. I had an LT from the 1/114th tell us in the AAR after the COMEX that his command is more concerned with road marches and nothing else. Well that commander needs to be made to understand if he does not allow his S6 section to train, his soldiers won't be kicking down any doors anytime soon. As my sig says, "No comm, No Mission". I just hope they give their troops the training time needed. This stuff is not a linksys router that works right out of the box in ten minutes. I'm in the S6 for Brigade and I'm telling you the amount of servers we need to have up and running is insane. My section commander understands this stuff needs to work, but his training schedule is often cancelled because the Brigade commander wants other training completed that in my opinon is important but not this important. Example. This Mays drill my entire section is to PT test even though the whole section is qaulified last November. We should not be PT'ing this May. We should be configuring servers, phones etc so when hit AP Hill the stuff works. The Brigade is trying to split up the section for AT this year. 3 weeks long with 1/2 the section heading down before everyone else to stand up the equipment. But if the stuff is not configured, it won't matter. Another example. I am in charge of the NetOps. I have yet to be able to touch the servers all year. So I am behind 400 man hours required to stand them up and configure them correctly with IA patches etc. That's 10 full time work weeks. LOL I'm expected to stand that stuff up in 40 hours and a MUTA 6 lol.
              Guess there will a lot of this...

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: What to branch?

                EOrsini, I only heard from an LT who has some access to it. I'll write you or give a call to you tomorrow to swap info and compare.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: What to branch?

                  LOL yeah. Not to mention phones nipr and sipr lol. Its the armys connection to the outside world now. Cool stuff. http://www.gdc4s.com/content/detail....8-bf047859281f
                  Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                  Guess there will a lot of this...

                  Last edited by SGTS6; April 22nd, 2011, 01:10 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: What to branch?

                    Gotta say, it's been intesresting reading through all of these posts. I hope I'm not getting off of a topic that's already been WELL established throughout the pages since my last post, but would there be any preference given to a CDT trying to contract into a branch that is already similar to his current MOS? IE I'm a combat medic, if I try to branch into the Medical Corps would there be any preference given me seeing as though I've been trained in that area or does that count at all?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: What to branch?

                      Good question LoneStar, I've wondered about that as well.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: What to branch?

                        Originally posted by SGTS6 View Post
                        The COMEX is just that. A communication exercise. Time to stand up all the equipment we have been given and make it work. But I'll tell you, it's a shame because we only have 1 more COMEX as far as I know to get the stuff working before AT at AP Hill. Honestly I don't think command will have working phones or internet other then what they are paying for on their own cell service. I know 250 C Co has had their STT's and JNN's stood last week trying get the stuff to work up at West Orange. I have been on the road at Sea Girt most of the last two weeks so I don't know if they were able to get them on the bird. I know they did not have a ton of SAT time to do it. I hope they did. If a unit is squared away the systems should be able to providing services within 1 or 2 hours. But it's hard for a unit to be squared away when command is more concerned about PT test for soldiers who have passed it already. I had an LT from the 1/114th tell us in the AAR after the COMEX that his command is more concerned with road marches and nothing else. Well that commander needs to be made to understand if he does not allow his S6 section to train, his soldiers won't be kicking down any doors anytime soon. As my sig says, "No comm, No Mission". I just hope they give their troops the training time needed. This stuff is not a linksys router that works right out of the box in ten minutes. I'm in the S6 for Brigade and I'm telling you the amount of servers we need to have up and running is insane. My section commander understands this stuff needs to work, but his training schedule is often cancelled because the Brigade commander wants other training completed that in my opinon is important but not this important. Example. This Mays drill my entire section is to PT test even though the whole section is qaulified last November. We should not be PT'ing this May. We should be configuring servers, phones etc so when hit AP Hill the stuff works. The Brigade is trying to split up the section for AT this year. 3 weeks long with 1/2 the section heading down before everyone else to stand up the equipment. But if the stuff is not configured, it won't matter. Another example. I am in charge of the NetOps. I have yet to be able to touch the servers all year. So I am behind 400 man hours required to stand them up and configure them correctly with IA patches etc. That's 10 full time work weeks. LOL I'm expected to stand that stuff up in 40 hours and a MUTA 6 lol.
                        I hope your unit has invested in VMWARE. But do not sweat it; if you guys are not an ESB; you will be plugging into existing infrastructure downrange. A fiber ring is already operational with DKETs used as redundancy.

                        I saw a few JNNs running and they were located in austere FOBs in RC-West and North. Some smaller units were using a SNAP/VSAT. And if you do have to configure a router or layer III switch; the configs will be managed to you from higher since they manage the call managers as well.

                        Also, just make sure your unit has everyone complete the IA training on the Fort Gordon website and identify who will be your IMOs that will get elevated privileges on the Afghan network.

                        Good luck but do not drive yourself crazy.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: What to branch?

                          Sir, please stop trying to break the internetz.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: What to branch?

                            Originally posted by MPThink View Post
                            Sir, please stop trying to break the internetz.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: What to branch?

                              All these pictures... Wow. I know some good places to go so you guys can meet girls... lol JK!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: What to branch?

                                Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                                All these pictures... Wow. I know some good places to go so you guys can meet girls... lol JK!
                                Karma in Sea Side, NJ.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X