X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSUT as 09S

So I'm about to sign the dotted line as 09S. I am colorblind and can't branch combat arms, but my backup MOS in case (God forbid) I flunk out of OCS is 11B. My recruiter says I can do OSUT and that'll help me down the road when I am going for promotions above the company level, but I've talked to a couple ARNG LT's who aren't so sure it will help or even if I CAN do OSUT, and think since my main MOS is 09S all I can do is straight basic. Any help on either issue is appreciated.
    Last edited by ksting; February 16th, 2011, 04:41 AM.

Re: OSUT as 09S

Originally posted by ksting View Post
    So I'm about to sign the dotted line as 09S. I am colorblind and can't branch combat arms, but my backup MOS in case (God forbid) I flunk out of OCS is 11B. My recruiter says I can do OSUT and that'll help me down the road when I am going for promotions above the company level, but I've talked to a couple ARNG LT's who aren't so sure it will help or even if I CAN do OSUT, and think since my main MOS is 09S all I can do is straight basic. Any help on either issue is appreciated.
    Perhaps some of the other Os or mustangs can answer your question but if you go OCS, you go from basic to OCS. There is no completing an enlisted MOS (via OSUT) then attending OCS afterwards. Its one or the other.

Dont fail and you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

If your enlisting as 09S then you will not go to AIT. Thats the whole point, you just go to basic. Also, aren't you aware that 11B is combat arms??? I thought you said you couldnt do that because you were colorblind?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        If your enlisting as 09S then you will not go to AIT. Thats the whole point, you just go to basic. Also, aren't you aware that 11B is combat arms??? I thought you said you couldnt do that because you were colorblind?
        good catch sergeant. I guess different requirements between officer and enlisted

Comment

Different requirements apparently Sgt. I don't get it either - I can't branch combat arms, but I could go 11B. Thanks for the quick responses everyone, appreciate your help.

Comment

How are you colorblind and getting 09S?

Comment

Working...
            X