X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotc/smp

I recently contracted with the local university ROTC unit as a SMP cadet, and was wondering what my duties will be when I begin to drill with my NG unit (Infantry). I was told I would be wearing my ROTC rank (Cadet/2LT) and was wondering if anybody had any additional information. Thanks

Re: Rotc/smp

There are several threads on this forum covering this topic. You will wear your dot and should be able to shadow an officer. YMMV

Comment

Pretty much what Cyall said for normal units. However, if you unit is seriously lacking in officers, you may end occupying the role of a PL and doing that duty. That's why I am doing....

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
        Pretty much what Cyall said for normal units. However, if you unit is seriously lacking in officers, you may end occupying the role of a PL and doing that duty. That's why I am doing....
        I've seen this a few times, but if I were you I'd hope to have an LT to watch and see what he does right and wrong. It's easier to see it that way... I know people like to learn OTJ, but this is one of those things its better to learn watching first...

Comment

Working...
        X