X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 to O1?

I am a current student with 100 credits set to graduate in may. Took the asvab, recruiter has my paper result but emailed me information with regards to what i got.

AFQT (which is your overall score):81

your line scores are: GT 118 CL 117 CO 114 EL 116 FA 114 GM 114 MM 112 OF 114 SC 117 ST 116
    He said I am pretty much set to do whatever I want for the most part.

But this is the thing, I am a permanent resident, I cannot do the clearance jobs I was really interested in such as radio or intel. Nor can I become an officer from what I understand.

So this is the question ... when I graduate in may I will have my degree, but will be an e3 now because I took the asvab and would be signing on saturday.

Come may when I graduate, will I be able to become an e4 before i ship to basic if I get my transcript in time?

And if I get my citizenship from being in the military ... understood it should be a couple of months ... I would have my college degree and citizenship.

So would I be able to go from an e3/4 to an officer like that? Or is there some sort of waiting period.

Thanks alot guys, must say 80% of the questions I had I found here my recruiter was saying I was pretty much prepared.
    Last edited by BuddyLee; January 5th, 2011, 03:12 AM.

Re: E3 to O1?

Originally posted by BuddyLee View Post
    I am a current student with 100 credits set to graduate in may. Took the asvab, recruiter has my paper result but emailed me information with regards to what i got.

He said I am pretty much set to do whatever I want for the most part.

But this is the thing, I am a permanent resident, I cannot do the clearance jobs I was really interested in such as radio or intel. Nor can I become an officer from what I understand.

So this is the question ... when I graduate in may I will have my degree, but will be an e3 now because I took the asvab and would be signing on saturday.

Come may when I graduate, will I be able to become an e4 before i ship to basic if I get my transcript in time?

And if I get my citizenship from being in the military ... understood it should be a couple of months ... I would have my college degree and citizenship.

So would I be able to go from an e3/4 to an officer like that? Or is there some sort of waiting period.

Thanks alot guys, must say 80% of the questions I had I found here my recruiter was saying I was pretty much prepared.
    Congratulations on deciding to serve your country. My hat is off to you.

Also, you are getting E3 because you havent received your degree as of yet. A bachelors qualifies you for E4.

Also, just because you have a degree and a US citizen doesnt mean you can become an officer just like that. There is an application and vetting process. Just because you qualifed to enlist; doesnt mean you are qualified to become an officer.

Also, I have met one soldier that got her E4 after the fact when she submitted proof of her bachelors. I believe that was a command decision after she was at her first unit.

When you get your bachelors, submit your transcripts to your recruiter ASAP. It might be too late to get E4 but its worth a shot. Perhaps a recruiter can chime in on what can happen.

Comment

Re: E3 to O1?

If E-4 is that important to you at this time, do not sign up til you get your degree. Getting it after you enlist (when you graduate) is a *chore* and ultimately up to your command. Reason being, you are going to choose an MOS and they are going to assign a line number for you as an E-3. Now, you come back with creds for E-4, they may not have a line number (or spots) for you to get E-4. You'd have to go the normal promotion route to get it....

And this being the Guard, that could take a while...

Comment

Working...
      X