X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State transfer and bonus question.

Ive been in the Guard for almost 3 years now. I get the second half of my bonus in February. I am considering moving to Georgia and I'm currently a 25Q. I would re class to an 11B at one of the units down there if I move (the re class would be voluntary). If I do the state transfer and get slotted into a unit with an 11B slot would I have to pay back the second half of my bonus?
    I tried reading through my contract and I am still unclear about what would happen. Ive written down below the only part I read that would have to do with my situation.

Termination with recoupment
    - Voluntarily transfer into a non critical MOS ( does this include a state transfer and if the 11B slot is considered a critical MOS do I maintain the bonus?)

Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: State transfer and bonus question.

Originally posted by factorymx View Post
    Ive been in the Guard for almost 3 years now. I get the second half of my bonus in February. I am considering moving to Georgia and I'm currently a 25Q. I would re class to an 11B at one of the units down there if I move (the re class would be voluntary). If I do the state transfer and get slotted into a unit with an 11B slot would I have to pay back the second half of my bonus?
    I tried reading through my contract and I am still unclear about what would happen. Ive written down below the only part I read that would have to do with my situation.

Termination with recoupment
    - Voluntarily transfer into a non critical MOS ( does this include a state transfer and if the 11B slot is considered a critical MOS do I maintain the bonus?)

Any insight would be appreciated.
    No. You would not owe the money back. Not for that anyways.

Comment

Re: State transfer and bonus question.

Thanks for the reply SGT, so if I do a state transfer and reclass to a non critical MOS cause I dont believe 11B is considered one down there I should be fine after I get the second half?
      Last edited by factorymx; December 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X