X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching units right after IET?

I just got back from IET, still in RSP and supposedly won't be handed off to my unit until January drill. I want to transfer from my slotted unit to an Airborne unit in my state. Being Airborne is my goal and I will do anything to attend Airborne school and wear the maroon beret. So is there anyway I could transfer to the Airborne unit while still in RSP, or right after getting to my current unit? Who do I need to talk to? Thanks.

Re: Switching units right after IET?

Just talk to your CoC. Might happen, might not. Probably will depend on if a slot is available for your MOS and if your current unit will release you. If they are up for deployment you might not be released.

Comment

You would need both loosing and gaining commanders to agree with the transfer. Before you broach the subject, you should probably spend some time in your first unit.

Comment

Yes Sir, I was hoping to transfer before the summer. That way I could attend Airborne and re-class school(to 11B if needed) between school semesters, otherwise I would have to wait until the following summer. I'm not sure if 3-4 drills in the unit will be enough though.

Comment

Working...
        X