X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when does a promotion go into effect?

This is probably specific to each unit, but I thought I would ask. DH (E4) made #6 in the state on the promotion list(E4-E5), and just received an email today offering him a promotion to E5, which he obviously accepted. When will the promotion go into effect? Does he wait until next drill (December)? Or does it go into effect as of today, since that's when he accepted the promotion? Or does it go into effect whenever the unit gets around to plugging it into the computer? (maybe never... his unit is notorious for never getting anything done... at the Battalion Army Ball a few months ago the people we were sitting with were like "Oooooh, you're in THAT unit..." bummer)

I figure this is a unit specific thing (his unit does things differently than just about every Guard unit I have heard of... unfortunately...) but thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks in advance,

Hoping-to-be-wife-of-a-Sgt-soon

Re: when does a promotion go into effect?

When most states do a vacancy fill, they normally fill a bunch of positions at once if available. Since he was number six and being promoted, there are probably those in front of him being promoted as well. Normally the state will make all the promotions effective by either the 1st or 15th of the next month. The promotion order and the transfer order to the unit should come at the same time.

Comment

Re: when does a promotion go into effect?

+1. Exactly on the date listed on the promotion order.

Comment

Working...
      X