X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of Switching branches

I've tried to go active army and that didnt work out for whatever reason... or the paperwork didnt go where it was supposed to due to deployment reasons and wanting unit numbers up...

But I've been talking to AF recruiters off and on about it and if I do decide to switch, will be doing Aerial Gunner.

Re: Thinking of Switching branches

You want to switch because you want to go on active duty?

Comment

I want to be active duty, yes... and have tried with no luck with the Army. A friend of mine went active after 1 year of waiting.

I want to serve active duty. I've pulled over 2 years in the Guard now and I've had my mind made up for a long time now that I want to be active... About 5 days after I got home from AIT actually lol.

Comment

yeah...good luck with that. If you had issues going AD army, good luck going AF.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          yeah...good luck with that. If you had issues going AD army, good luck going AF.
          +1

The Air Force has generally never took prior service. Uless its Air Force service and you had a critical AFSC.

Comment

Really? The few times I've spoke with them, they never mentioned that. Thanks for the heads up though.

The USMC on the other hand are always trying to get me to switch but I don't really want to go that route, or do bootcamp again.

Comment

Originally posted by jrm1988 View Post
              Really? The few times I've spoke with them, they never mentioned that. Thanks for the heads up though.

The USMC on the other hand are always trying to get me to switch but I don't really want to go that route, or do bootcamp again.
              Ensure you keep your conditional release up to date and keep communicating with the recruiters to see if things change in regards to prior service recruiting.

I switched back in 2003 and obviously back then; they needed anyone they could find.

Comment

Well, whoever you spoke to is either an idiot, or you left out the fact you are in the NG. They don't take prior service Army, and haven't for as long as I can remember, with very VERY few exceptions.

The paperwork and process to switch to any branch is almost identical, either way you need a conditional release approved.

There are some vacancies in the Active Army for E-4. 18X seems to be always open, there are a few others. So I don't think its impossible, its just pretty darn hard right now.

Comment

Special Forces? haha, OKAY!

I told them I was currently enlisted with ARNG.... and they never said anything about me not being able to switch.. just talked about paperwork and sending me to some AF base for 2 weeks, to learn the history of the AF, stuff about uniforms, etc etc..

Comment

Special Forces? haha, OKAY!

I told them I was currently enlisted with ARNG.... and they never said anything about me not being able to switch.. just talked about paperwork and sending me to some AF base for 2 weeks, to learn the history of the AF, stuff about uniforms, etc etc..
                    Sounds like you were talking to a AF reserve recruiter.

Comment

You almost got hustled!

Comment

Working...
                      X