Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

    So I just got done doing 17 1/2 months of ADOS orders, about 3 different sets of orders, just back to back and 1 or 2 amendments, but its a total of 17 1/2 consecutive months. Well anyway, the company I worked for before I went on orders is no longer in business. So I am trying to file for unemployment, and they say I need a DD214 from when I was Active in the Guard. My unit is the state JFHQ, and so I know just about everyone there, and talked to HRO. They seem to think I can only get a DD214 if it was a MOB? Has anyone else ever gotten a DD214 for ADOS orders?

  • #2
    Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

    Originally posted by Sgt.Morgan View Post
    So I just got done doing 17 1/2 months of ADOS orders, about 3 different sets of orders, just back to back and 1 or 2 amendments, but its a total of 17 1/2 consecutive months. Well anyway, the company I worked for before I went on orders is no longer in business. So I am trying to file for unemployment, and they say I need a DD214 from when I was Active in the Guard. My unit is the state JFHQ, and so I know just about everyone there, and talked to HRO. They seem to think I can only get a DD214 if it was a MOB? Has anyone else ever gotten a DD214 for ADOS orders?
    Yes, I have been in the same situation. But prepare yourself for bad news. Your J1 should be preparing you a DD 214. You are supposed to have one. I was off orders for a few months before I realized myself.......however you will not be eligible for unemployment.

    Your DD-214 will say "Active Duty for Training" (yes I know you were not training) but that is what it will say. And unemployment will not accept that for UI benefits.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

      Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      Yes, I have been in the same situation. But prepare yourself for bad news. Your J1 should be preparing you a DD 214. You are supposed to have one. I was off orders for a few months before I realized myself.......however you will not be eligible for unemployment.

      Your DD-214 will say "Active Duty for Training" (yes I know you were not training) but that is what it will say. And unemployment will not accept that for UI benefits.
      Thanks for the info. Stinks I cant get unemployment.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

        Originally posted by Sgt.Morgan View Post
        Thanks for the info. Stinks I cant get unemployment.
        If was you I would still try to file, just prepare yourself and dont count on it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

          In our state you have to submit a memo requesting the 214 if you're coming off ADOS, it doesn't generate automatically.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

            What ever unit you where on ADOS orders for should have submitted to your states G1 to have the DD 214 created and scanned into your iPerms. Then they are supposed to mail a hard copy to you. At least thats they way things operate in my state. However, this doesn't always happend so, like RSP NCO stated, you will likely have to submit a memo to your states G1 to have them create the 214. Depending on thier work load and motivation, it should't take too long.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

              Well I just got back from J1, they had told me to take all my orders over to my S1(right across the street) and have them type up the memo, they also told me it won't say "Active Duty for Training" it will say something like "Support for OEF Pre Mob" but not active for training so I should be good to go for unemployment. J1 also said it would only take them a day from when they get the memo from my S1, and S1 had told me it would take them today or tomorrow to get it done, since I had already scanned in all my orders for them and sent it to them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                Originally posted by Sgt.Morgan View Post
                Well I just got back from J1, they had told me to take all my orders over to my S1(right across the street) and have them type up the memo, they also told me it won't say "Active Duty for Training" it will say something like "Support for OEF Pre Mob" but not active for training so I should be good to go for unemployment. J1 also said it would only take them a day from when they get the memo from my S1, and S1 had told me it would take them today or tomorrow to get it done, since I had already scanned in all my orders for them and sent it to them.
                Well, like I said attempt to file no matter what they give you. But when it comes to the narrative reasons at the bottom, they only have a few choices. They can't enter anything they want, and in the world of ADOS/ADSW/Gave my buddy orders/National Guard made up jobs....they dont have that many entries for a 214. So just be prepared, for unemployment to say...you weren't AGR, you didn't deploy/mobilize...you are SOL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                  Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  Well, like I said attempt to file no matter what they give you. But when it comes to the narrative reasons at the bottom, they only have a few choices. They can't enter anything they want, and in the world of ADOS/ADSW/Gave my buddy orders/National Guard made up jobs....they dont have that many entries for a 214. So just be prepared, for unemployment to say...you weren't AGR, you didn't deploy/mobilize...you are SOL.
                  Yep will do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                    The good news is that you earned alot of retirement points for the year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                      Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      The good news is that you earned alot of retirement points for the year.
                      Yeah thats for sure. In the 3yrs I've been in the guard since I left Active duty I've done 2 1/2yrs of ADOS orders. The last 17 1/2 months thought were for OEF MOB Support, and had me going all over the state plus to Camp Shelby for support.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                        Originally posted by Sgt.Morgan View Post
                        Yeah thats for sure. In the 3yrs I've been in the guard since I left Active duty I've done 2 1/2yrs of ADOS orders. The last 17 1/2 months thought were for OEF MOB Support, and had me going all over the state plus to Camp Shelby for support.
                        Amazing but then why did you leave AD?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                          Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                          Amazing but then why did you leave AD?
                          I left to spend more time with my son, he was born a day before we left for Iraq, and when we got back I had 30 days left till ETS.... Got the opertunity for ADOS and I took it lol
                          Last edited by Sgt.Morgan; October 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Getting a DD214 for ADOS orders?

                            I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to go to the nearest post, go to the inprocessing/outprocessing, tell them your National Guard coming off 17 month orders, give them all your orders, then bam... a DD214.

                            It's what I did (because my unit told me to do so)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X