X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airborne???

I have a dillema that I need to figure out relatively quickly. ROTC has a few slots for Airborne school in November (NOV 19-DEC 9)and I put in my name to go. However, shortly after, my unit informed me that they needed medics to go to Camp Bullis to provide medical overwatch for a unit training there. I do not know when in November this Camp Bullis mission will take place or how long it will last. I'm trying to decide between the two. First off, since I'd be going to Airborne as a cadet, would I get any pay? If I can, I'd like to do both but I don't want to miss so much school that I'll get behind and my GPA will suffer for it. I am not required to go to either one, but if I'm not going to get paid for Airborne school then the Camp Bullis missions sounds like a better option. I'm looking for opinions on what I should do. Thanks.

Re: Airborne???

You will not get paid if you attend airborne training as a cadet.

Comment

Keep in mind, airborne school is a HOOAH school.. And with the funding the way it is, you MAY NOT be able to get it again. I haven't been able to put any of my Soldiers in for any HOOAH schools for the past 10-12 months due to these funding issues. The Camp Bullis mission sounds cool and you can learn alot, so you have quite the dilemma. However, you need to find out if they run missions like that often or its a once in a lifetime thing.. because if not, that might help your decision. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

If you get offered AB school then you should probably jump on that. You may not get another opportunity to do so.

Comment

Honestly, I don't believe I'd be doing/learning anything high-speed if I went to Bullis. From what I gathered of the description all we're going there for is to be there in case anything happens and they need medics. However, Airborne school is something that could be worth a lot of points for promotions further down the road even if I won't get paid for it now it could pay off in the future.

Comment

Just a quick update: The Camp Bullis mission had to be scrubbed because none of my unit's medics meet the pre-requisites (EFMB and/or CMB). However, my section Sgt. told me that in October Ft. Bliss is having an EFMB competition. Apparently it lasts a couple of days. Is this true? I remember the EFMB being much longer?

Comment

Working...
            X