X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IST Issues

Trying to IST to Arizona. Got a divorce (lost that second income and added child support) and injuried my knee during airborne operations (need surgery).

I have been dealing with this since I notified my COC in the second week of July. I have always been in good standing with my unit. Never failed an APFT, no flags, etc. I have contacted the AZ IST Coordinator, the TX IST Coordinator, and everyone in my COC. There's a couple details to this situation as well. we have been alerted to mobilize in November and I just seen I was moved to HHC from A Co Rear D for some strange reason. As well, I injured my knee during a jump during AT in which I will now need surgery. I just spoke with the Readiness NCO for HHC and was told that since I was moved to HHC FWD from the A Co. Rear D. I need to go to SRP next week and show my med documents to get me put back on Rear D. to make it easier. This entire thing does not make sense. I live in AZ, and I have never been a problem to the unit. Do not understand why they are making this so difficult.

Anyway, between flights, rental car, and food I usually spend between 400-600 dollars a trip. Flights are usually about $350 or so and a rental car is usually about $100. That does vary. But that's about average.

The 1-143 is a great unit. Very well organized and the training is good. Besides the normal admin drills, we are always active and training. Lots of Ranger tabbed soldiers and all the officers are Ranger tabbed. So, based on that info, you should be able to tell it's not about not wanting to be in the unit. I just can't afford it anymore after losing that second income.

Re: IST Issues

They're not making it hard for you, it's you're not a priority. The unit is mob'ing and that's where your chain of command is focused.

I wouldn't rush back to the line unit. The chances are they will leave an AGR in place in the HHC vs the line unit they will put someone on orders. The AGR will probably know the system far better and will be a better help.

Your knee, make sure your LOD is complete and the government is picking up the cost.

Ask your unit if you can RST/SUTA drills and do 2-3 drills at once or drill with local unit in AZ. This isn't a long term solution but many commanders will do this to keep you from falling into the non participant category.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      They're not making it hard for you, it's you're not a priority. The unit is mob'ing and that's where your chain of command is focused.

I wouldn't rush back to the line unit. The chances are they will leave an AGR in place in the HHC vs the line unit they will put someone on orders. The AGR will probably know the system far better and will be a better help.

Your knee, make sure your LOD is complete and the government is picking up the cost.

Ask your unit if you can RST/SUTA drills and do 2-3 drills at once or drill with local unit in AZ. This isn't a long term solution but many commanders will do this to keep you from falling into the non participant category.
      Thanks for the response, Sir. I do understand I'm not their priority at the moment which is why I didn't get to worked up when I didn't get any response during AT in July. But, now it's more about the lack of communication. Whether it's military, civilian, or personal not communicating some kind of response even if it's they will get back to me at so and so date doesn't make a lot of sense.

I will be doing a LOD, but the med NCOIC wants my med records stating the problem, the type of surgery, the date of the surgery, and the recovery time before he fills it out.

I have been told by the AZ and TX IST coordinator that I should drill in AZ until the transfer happens, but that the unit needs to approve that as well. So, based on the lack of communication at this point, I'm not sure how that will transpire.

I was hoping to get more figured out during SRP next week, but there is not an actual drill since the state ran out of funding. Only those who didn't make it last month are going to SRP next week. So, my Readiness NCO won't even be there.

Comment

Your readiness NCO doesn't get paid for drill...he's AGR. He could drill 52 weekends a year and it wouldnt make a difference. Are you sure he wont be there?

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          Your readiness NCO doesn't get paid for drill...he's AGR. He could drill 52 weekends a year and it wouldnt make a difference. Are you sure he wont be there?
          He's actually got leaders pre-mob this month.

Comment

Working...
          X