Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No score for the second year in a row

OK

For the second year in a row my packet went before the e5 board and i had no score following the board's results.

Now the year before I can't comment on, but this last year I saw everything that went forward and from what I saw it was all good. My E-4 eval was excellent, weapons qual was high sharp shooter, PT score was 273. I have deployed so awards should be good, have a couple of schools in, am prior service Marine corp with no real break in service and have been in e4 long enough and then some for time in grade and more than enough time in service.

so, any ideas as to why there would be no final score from the board? I have asked and there are no flags on my file. that would be the only legitimate reason that i could think of for this.

has anyone sat on one of these boards before (especially in PA?) I asked for an inquiry to be sent forward by my S-1 but figured I would see if this has happened to anyone else.

this year is lining up much the same, shot expert this time and PT score is about the same, anticipating the same kind of eval and even have some college to turn in.

hope someone can help

Re: No score for the second year in a row

This is not a normal thing. If there was no reason for you to be kept off the list, then you should be on the list. Sometimes people do get left off in error, and if this is the case they can get this corrected. Your unit needs to get on this right away.

Comment

My unit's S-1 is sending an iquiry forward. but that took three months to make happen, so doubt there can be any corrections made. I don't have any hope for this year, just need it corrected for next year. Has this happened to anyone else out there?

Comment

There is a quarterly standby board. They can get you on the list at that point.

Comment

Definitly something wrong, cause if you are eligible you should be on there! Obviously unless there is an error, but 2 years is a long error!

Comment

There are packets now? I thought if you are E-4 eligible, you will hit an OML for your state and MOS which happens annually.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              There are packets now? I thought if you are E-4 eligible, you will hit an OML for your state and MOS which happens annually.
              Yes sir, has been this way for many years. E4 does a packet the same as NCO's.

Comment

Working...
              X