Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpaid

Guys,
    I was overpaid when on active duty. Now i'm in debt. How can i repay this debt back to dfas? I owe them more than $5k...i would like to do this ASAP to get everything straight, but i have no clue about repay procedures...

Re: Overpaid

DFAS has numbers on their website but its best that you take the issue to your S1 that will in turn do a pay inquiry with the finance office.

Now that is how it is done on AD; do not know if the process is different in your AO.

Also, submit those pertinent LESes that shows your issue.

Comment

Ah, military finance. Quick to figure out when they've paid you too much....but slow and stupid whenever they've paid you too little!

Comment

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
        Guys,
        I was overpaid when on active duty. Now i'm in debt. How can i repay this debt back to dfas? I owe them more than $5k...i would like to do this ASAP to get everything straight, but i have no clue about repay procedures...
        They (DFAS) will allow you to setup a repayment plan if you call them and work it out. You need to know that the Active pay system and the Reserve/Guard pay system is seperate, so it wil not come out of National Guard pay unless you are AGR. So, if you don't activley seek them out to get it squared away it won't fix itself.

Call the DFAS customer service number and talk it out.
        Last edited by ParalegalNCO1; August 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

"they say that in the army, the pay is might fine;
          they give you a hundred dollars, and take back 99"

more true words have never been spoken

Comment

Working...
          X