Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i serve as a fire fighter in the guard and as a civilian fire fighter?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i serve as a fire fighter in the guard and as a civilian fire fighter?

i like the idea of taking some thing i love and using it in the guard but i want to know if i would still be able to be a fire fighter for my home town?

Re: can i serve as a fire fighter in the guard and as a civilian fire fighter?

The quick answer is yes but it all depends if there is a unit in your state that has that position. I know alot of Guard MPs that serve in law enforcement positions in their state.

Comment

What the heck? Make up your mind, in one thread you said you planned to be an electrician. Now you are wanting to be a firefighter?

The firefighter positions in the Guard are basically non existent, only some states have them and those are limited. But yes, if magically your state had openings for that job than yes, you could do both civilian and one weekend a month firefighting.

Comment

And the answer is no!! You cannot wear your MP3 player while putting out fires!!

Comment

Working...
        X