Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York- Force Protection-need help!

Any help would be appreciated.
    I want to go active in NY as force protection(Down in NYC guarding airports n train stations)
    No one in my BA knows anything so im looking here for help
    What benefits would I get such as BAH or COLA, since im on AD would I be living on base? And would I get any additional pay since e-3 is not alot to live off in NY

Re: New York- Force Protection-need help!

PM me since I will be doing HRAP soon in New York City. Also, if you are in Grand Central Station and see a soldier working; ask him for some info.

edit: are you active or guardsman? If you are AD; you would not be allowed to do it. If you are NG, your unit would have to approve to release you.

Again, I will check when I get to NYC in a few weeks.

Comment

Yeh I'm NG I meant those guys get put on active

Comment

When I did force protection mission for Operation Noble Eagle, the MP Captain POC was located on the base where I drilled. I received orders for ADSW and it was in batches and then it allowed me to also drill with my unit so there were no conflicts. I did not receive COLA.

Here is a link and call the number at the bottom. Also, call your STARC and speak to G3 representative that can provide you with information.

http://dmna.state.ny.us/atfp/

Contact the DMNA JFHQ ATFP branch directly at Commercial (518) 786-4650/4499 or DSN 489-4650/4499 and we will advise you.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X