Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York- Force Protection-need help!

Any help would be appreciated.
    I want to go active in NY as force protection(Down in NYC guarding airports n train stations)
    No one in my BA knows anything so im looking here for help
    What benefits would I get such as BAH or COLA, since im on AD would I be living on base? And would I get any additional pay since e-3 is not alot to live off in NY

Re: New York- Force Protection-need help!

PM me since I will be doing HRAP soon in New York City. Also, if you are in Grand Central Station and see a soldier working; ask him for some info.

edit: are you active or guardsman? If you are AD; you would not be allowed to do it. If you are NG, your unit would have to approve to release you.

Again, I will check when I get to NYC in a few weeks.

Yeh I'm NG I meant those guys get put on active

When I did force protection mission for Operation Noble Eagle, the MP Captain POC was located on the base where I drilled. I received orders for ADSW and it was in batches and then it allowed me to also drill with my unit so there were no conflicts. I did not receive COLA.

Here is a link and call the number at the bottom. Also, call your STARC and speak to G3 representative that can provide you with information.

Contact the DMNA JFHQ ATFP branch directly at Commercial (518) 786-4650/4499 or DSN 489-4650/4499 and we will advise you.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM.