X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteering

So I'm just curious with all thats going on right now with the floodings and wild fires is there any way I can maybe find somewhere online to volunteer to help with all this being I live in Illinois. I'm a 31B so I doubt there would be anything for me to do being an MP but I'm a firefighter on the civilian side so if I could get on the action with the fires in Arizona for example I'd really like to try and go. Any input would be great thanks!

Re: Volunteering

For natural disaster missions your unit will get a warno from the State saying we need X amount of troops. From there your unit will make calls to it's members to ask for volunteers or to assemble the unit to deploy to the disaster area. Contact your FLL and bring it to your unit.

Comment

I have a similar question & don't want to clutter the forums by starting a new thread. I'm a 12K in the NYARNG. Is there any way to volunteer for a deployment tour of duty to Afghanistan/Iraq? I Hear that a new Army directive will shorten the tours to 9 months.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveHRP View Post
        I have a similar question & don't want to clutter the forums by starting a new thread. I'm a 12K in the NYARNG. Is there any way to volunteer for a deployment tour of duty to Afghanistan/Iraq? I Hear that a new Army directive will shorten the tours to 9 months.
        IMO, the best way to volunteer for deployment is to... Find out which units (in your state) are scheduled to deploy next, then transfer in to that unit.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveHRP View Post
          So why not just use the search function? Typing "volunteer deployment" yields a chunk of threads on this subject.

Originally posted by Squash View Post
          IMO, the best way to volunteer for deployment is to... Find out which units (in your state) are scheduled to deploy next, then transfer in to that unit.
          Good advice here. If you really want it, be proactive about it.

Comment

Working...
          X