Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Clearance

Guys,
    Stupid question: how to check what Security Clearance level i'm? I can't see anything on this subject from under iperms, but only Security Clearance application. I did have a meeting with background investigator before i went to OSUT and etc, but nobody ever told me what was the final verdict...any ideas where i can get info on it?

Re: Security Clearance

Check your erb but most likely you have a confidential

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
      Check your erb but most likely you have a confidential
      Good call. Got it, but all i can see is (under section II): PSI invest "INIT". PSI invest "Compl"...

Comment

Yes that is for personnel Security investigation which shows complete. At the moment, you do not require access to classified information so you are good.

Comment

Yes that is for personnel Security investigation which shows complete. At the moment, you do not require access to classified information so you are good.
          Sooo, i don't have any security clearance at all (not even confidential), right?

Comment

The psi covers local and national agency checks. Why the concern?

Comment

The psi covers local and national agency checks. Why the concern?
              Please see PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
                Guys,
                Stupid question: how to check what Security Clearance level i'm? I can't see anything on this subject from under iperms, but only Security Clearance application. I did have a meeting with background investigator before i went to OSUT and etc, but nobody ever told me what was the final verdict...any ideas where i can get info on it?
                Who ever in your unit (or battalion) has access to JPAS can tell you what your current status is as that's the only official source. Most likely you'll have a SECRET clearance if you've done the paperwork.

Comment

Your clearance level depends on what your MOS is and what type of access your job requires (i.e., when I was an arty FO I needed a secret due to my work with COMSEC equipment). As said above, getting your security rep to check JPAS is the easiest solution. You could also google your MOS and see what the clearance requirements are for the job. Chances are, they wont give you more than what is listed as the required level unless the situation dictates.

Comment

Guys, thanks for your answers. I'm "simple" 11B1P.

Comment

Infantrymen usually don't need a secret clearance until they get up in the NCO ranks (at least in the Marines). Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
                        Guys, thanks for your answers. I'm "simple" 11B1P.
                        Most likely you have no clearance, since neither your duty position nor MOS require one.

Comment

Working...
                        X